09 -Thoughts

Belles POV :
...

I hear the crackling of burning wood as smoke exhausts the air filling my lungs and slowly suffocating them. I cough into my arm struggling to stand up.

I look around In the smoke looking for Matteo.

The hell did he disappear too?

I reach to touch my earpiece trying to hear anyone, anything, must've lost signal.

"Matteo?!" I shout in a strained voice.

"I'm still here don't worry." I hear his voice to the left of me, I cover my mouth with my hand walking towards his voice.

I suddenly bump into a hard chest, the smoke slowly disappearing and revealing Matteo's face, I look up to see those Emerald eyes

I quickly push myself off of them.

They have the same eyes.

"Here, take this, it'll help you breath in the smoke." He said handing me a white piece of wet fabric. "Where did you find this?" I asked, before I noticed he ripped it from his shirt.

He cleared his throat looking away.

He's so shy.

I place the wet piece of fabric on my mouth. "Let's go." I mutter. He nods following after me.

My eyes burn from the smoke and hot heavy air, along with my skin.

We wander around the Warehouse looking for a exit of some kind, hopefully a fire exit. Every building has one right?

I see a red light through the smoke in a distance. "I think that's the exit green eyes." I say not even noticing I called him my little nickname.

"Green eyes?!—"
I walk away towards the red light..

Just my luck it is the fire exit, I push on the door seeing it's jammed. "Mierda." I curse under my breath. (Fuck)

"It's jammed!" I shout pushing on it, he walks over towards me as he starts hitting the door.

I scoff. "I doubt that's going to work—" before I finish the door busts open, and he looks to me with a smug grin.

I roll my eyes walking away from him towards the exit, the door shuts behind us.

We dash down the stairs, finally reaching an exit to the outside world, I gasp for air as I lean downward to my knees.

I don't know what's worse, going down those stairs or the fucking fire.

I touch my earpiece hopefully having a signal now. "Leo?" I said. "Mirabelle? Is that you?" He said with a panicked voice.

"No, it's Beyoncé." I joked.

I heard Leo curse under his breath.
"Where you guys? The building is on fire."
"I realized." I said sarcastically.
"We're fine and out of the building." I stated, I heard him give his thanks.