Chapter 6- Practice makes perfect.

NOT PROOF READ COMMENT IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKES PLEASE

ZARIA

After lunch, me and Carter split ways & me and Queen head to my dorm. "Oh girl this is niceee" she says while dropping on the couch and putting her feet up on the coffee table.

"Get your feet off my table!" I say as I swat at her feet.

"Ok ok geez." She pops up.

"Where's your roommate? She hasn't shown up yet?" She ask while making her way to my bedroom.

"He shows up when he wants to." I mumble.

"HE?!" Her head snaps back towards me.

"Yes he. Don't ask because I don't know how I ended up with a male roommate either ok."

"Is he hot?" She ask with a smirk." He's a total asshole." I scoff.

"Mhm... and by the way you just avoided my question I'm guessing this asshole is hot." She says. Curse her for being able to read me like a book.

I look at her for a second & she raises an eyebrow at me. "Ok, maybe he is a little attractive. But he's still an asshole."

"I'll be the judge of that. Now, why are we here again?"

"I have to get dressed for practice, I'd really hate to be late on the first day." I say while changing into my Nike pros and grabbing my volleyball shoes.

"What kind of coach gives their players practice on the first day of college? Isn't that like illegal?!"

Queen says while laying on my bed. "The kind of coach that could take my scholarship if I don't show up."

I say while making my way to the kitchen to grab a water bottle.Queen follows. "Damnnn" I hear Queen say from behind me.

"What are you- OW". Before I can finish questioning her she slaps my ass. Hard.

"That's all that cornbread over the years girl!" She says. I glare at her while rubbing my now sore butt.

"Queen, I love you. But if you do that again I'll kill you." She laughs.

Am I a joke to her? "Girl you would never." She says while kissing my cheek

. "Yeah whatever come on, I don't wanna be late." I say while picking up my book bag & heading out the door. I pause to slip my sweatpants on before I head out the door.

"Girl, if I had an ass like that, I would never cover it, you better let those cheeks be free!" Queen says. I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah, but I'd rather not walk from here to the gym in just these shorts." I shrug. And we begin our walk to the gym.

"Why are you coming to my practice again?" I question as we walk through the gym doors.

"The men's team is practicing too aren't they? The best of both worlds." I can't help but roll my eyes.

Queen is Bi, so the fact that she came to my practice to look at the girls and guys team doesn't really surprise me. As we enter the gym, I can't help but look around, the gym is so fancy, I didnt go to a bad school, but college gyms are definitely on another level.

"WATCH OUT!!" "BALL!" HEADS UP!" The gym breaks into chaos and all I hear is people yelling. Confused, I look towards the Men's side of the gym and notice a volleyball coming straight towards us.

Before the ball can hit me & Queen smack dab in the face, Queen catches it & looks back at me. She smirks at me & I already know what she's going to say. I sigh,

"Queen don't-"

"You ladies alright?" She says while smiling. I groan and drop my face into my hands.

"Hey uh, can we have the ball?"

I hear as I look around Queen & see one of the boys standing there trying not to laugh. Holy hell he's tall.

"Of course, I say while smacking Queens arm.

"Give him the ball" I whisper.

"Oh right, here sorry." She tosses them the ball.

"That was so embarrassing.."

I say as we walk towards the bleachers. "There is like a 10% chance he didn't hear us." Queen says.

"He was about to laugh at us." I counter while taking off my sweatpants & sitting down to put my shoes on.

"Well, maybe he's into comedians, anyways did you hear about the air bnb party happening tonight? I just know it's gonna be lit."

"You've been here 1 day, and already know about parties happening?"

"Uh yeah! Every bookworm needs a party animal bestfriend. And you're going, and I will be dressing you because I will not let you hide a body like that." She says while pointing her finger at me.

"Yes ma'am." I say while putting my braids into a ponytail, which I must say is a whole workout.

"Alright ladies let's get stretching so we can get started. Coach says while blowing her whistle. I hate whistle. Who even make those devil devices ?! I just hope practice goes well. I say while heading to the court.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Almost at 200 overall reads & thank yall for 2 votes that's actually amazing to me 😭 I wrote a few chapters kind of quickly, so sorry for typos.