Chapter 26- Alone.

FRIDAY NIGHT
ZARIA'S POV

"Girl you look hot." Queen says rubbing on my booty as I finish my edges.i decided to wear a red bodysuit with a black jean jacket. "Girl look at you! Gonna be fighting them off all night huh?" I look at her through the mirror as she flips her hair. She's wearing all black.

There's a race tonight, and a party afterwards. Me and Queen decided to go, because why not? As I finish my edges, I quickly check to make sure I have everything I need in my purse before checking my phone.

"Race starts in 20 minutes, you ready to go?" I ask grabbing my lipgloss off the counter. "Yeah, let's roll." "You're driving!" I dash out the bathroom before she can disagree and I hear her groan. "I want to get drunkkk." She whines.

"I'll drive home you big baby, but you're driving to the race. Let's go."

AT THE RACE

Once we arrived, I texted Jayden and he met us at the gate. Once in, he walked us to the area around the track where Ryan and Luca are waiting. The familiar sound of engines revving and people screaming filled my ears once again.

"Girl, this is the race track?" Queen questions slightly yelling so I can hear her. "Yes!" I reply scanning the track as I see the familiar car pull up. Dante lets his window down as he revs his engine and the crowd goes wild turf.

I look to see a girl throwing her bra onto the track. "Ridiculous." I mutter as Dante looks at the girl and smirks. His eyes slowly drift to where we're standing and his gaze meets mine. He looks me up and down before grinning.

Queen notices too, because she nudges me in my side. I look away from Dante as the other car pulls up. The driver lets his window down and revs his engine as well.

"Holy shit he's hot." Queen says pointing as she cheers for him. "Whose side are you on?" Ryan scoffs. "The winning side duh, but he is hot. He single? Looking?" Queen says fixing her hair as she waves. I can't help but laugh. One thing about Queen, she'll always go after what she wants.

"This dude is probably the only one who gives Dante a run for his money." Jayden says pointing to the other racer's car. "His name is Zach, he works on cars a lot, and he's nearly beat Dante." Luca continues, which surprises me.

"Mm, and he works? Another check." Queen says. Ryan rolls his eyes and Jayden chuckles. "Your friend is definitely not afraid to speak her mind ay?" Jayden questions. "Nope not at all."

The flag girl walks In between the cars and both racers let their windows up. She holds the flag up, and quickly waves it down. Immediately, you hear engines roaring as both cars take off.

Zach has a slight lead, but Dante is hot on his tail as they bend the first turn. The crowd moves to follow the race, but I choose to just wait for them to come around the last turn.

A few seconds later, I hear the engines get louder once again as they bend the last turn, and Dante is in the lead. Both cars shoot down the straight and it's neck and neck. They zoom across the finish line, and it's determined that Dante won.

Both racers return & exit their car. We all go to congratulate Dante. As we approach, he's already surrounded by a group of girls. Jayden clears his throat as we get closer to get Dante's attention.

"Excuse me ladies" Dante winks at the girls before turning to us."Good race, still need to fix those turns though." Jayden says patting him on the shoulder. "Right, thanks coach." He responds in a sarcastic tone.

"Yeah, yeah good race, where's this Zach dude?" Queen says looking around as she fixes her hair once again. "Over there." Ryan points to a semi-upset looking Zach. "I should be there to support my man after this loss." Queen says making her way over to Zach.