Chapter 32 - The news

A FEW DAYS LATER

DANTE'S POV

"Thats a load of bullshit." I scoff as I sit across from me and Luke's father. "It's a charity event.You need to come." He mutters lighting his cigar. Luke smirks while looking at me. Since the party, I've wanted to kill this fucker for touching Zaria.

"You will need to find a suitable date. No sluts." Luke's father adds in. "You're both married to one, why must there be such rules against us?" I mutter. "What did you say boy?" My father stands from his chair. I smirk as I shake my head. "Nothing, please continue." I gesture to the terrible presentation they're showing.

This charity event consists of fake ass people all looking for another way to make a dollar. I'm all for making money, but the way they do it makes me fucking sick.

"You will go.End of discussion." "Now, let's get the details together. The ball will be held the day after tomorrow. Find a date before then. I don't care how." Luke's father continues. "You are both expected to behave. No shooting. No guns, at all.

"If you think I'm going into something you two fuckers organized unprotected, you're fucking insane." I chuckle slightly relaxing in my seat. "Oh cmon, don't be like that." Luke nudges me causing me to snap my head in his direction.

I'd snap this fuckers neck if I could. "Dante. Don't make this harder than it has to be. Find a date. Show up. Behave. Simple." "No promises." I flash him a cheeky smile before standing. "If you're done spewing nonsense, I have shit to do. I calmly walk out the meeting room.

"Dante don't be like this!" Luke follows after me. He's really starting to piss me off.  "What." I bark in his direction. "If you need help finding a date... I'm sure I can find you. I plan on ask someone, you know her." He smirks as he speaks. This fucker is really pushing it—

"Brown skin, long braids, beautiful smile.... Nice ass. Think her name is... Zaria?-"  no sooner then he says her name, I have push against the wall gun drawn.

"Don't. Fuck with me, Luke." He chuckles as I let him go. "What? No harm in it right? She seems suitable. He shrugs. I'm going to kill him. "You wont make it to the ball in one piece if you ask her, Luke. If you think I'm bluffing, try it."

I tuck my gun in my waistband before walking off.

                              . . .

"He wants you, Dagger.  To find a date before the day after tomorrow? Is he insane?" Ryan mutters sitting on the couch. We all met up at the safe house near campus. The dorm is a cover, only us 4 know about this house. It's bought under a fake name and all.

"That's impossible." Luca mutters catching me off guard. "Impossible? You fuckers saying I'm not date material?" They all glance at one another before answering "yeah... pretty much." "You're the definition of a manwhore." "Yeah."

"Oh fuck you." I shove Jayden since he's the closest to where I am sat. "Who you thinking about asking? Your sister. "I'm not sure. I'll probably just go alone. But that's not why I called you guys here."

I stand before finishing. "You all will need to be there. Luke and I aren't allowed to have guns, but you will be. "You'll act as my bodyguards. Just for that night. "Do we get cool ear pieces? Ryan jumps up. If he wasn't so good at hacking I would've killed him by now.

"Sure, Ryan. You get to play super spy." Fucking child. "I will not work with these dumbasses." Luca chimes in. "Ay, I've saved your ass enough times to earn some respect." Jayden points his finger at Luca causing him to glare at him.