Chapter 45- Sapphire

A FEW DAYS LATER

ZARIA'S POV

I make my way downstairs, and I hear that familiar voice. She's here. I bend the corner to the kitchen, and spot Anastasia with Dante. Her hand is on his shoulder, and his back is turned to me.

I stop in my tracks, dipping behind the wall. Anastasia eyes where I was standing, fuck. She saw me.

"I'm so glad you changed your mind, I love the ring." She speaks. I step out from behind the wall, and she stares at me.

"This doesn't change anything." Dante grumbles moving out of her grasp.

"I know baby, don't worry. We'll get there." She leans in, and I open and shut the cabinet next to me.

She jumps, Dante turns to me like a deer caught in headlights.

"Zaria." He whispers out.

"Dante." I give him a tight lipped smile, before making my way over to the two.

"Oh Zaria! I had no idea you were here. It's so good to see you." Lying ass bitch. "Look at this ring, isn't it beautiful?"

I turn  only to be met with her hand in my face. A big diamond ring sits on her ring finger. I glance at Dante as I answer. "It's beautiful." I push her aside, stepping toward Dante.

Gripping his chin, I pull his lips to mine kissing him softly. He's surprised for a moment, but quickly kisses me back.

I pull away, keeping my grip on his chin wiping some of my chapstick off his lips. "Goodmorning." I say with a smile.

I hear Anastasia scoff, but I couldn't care less.

Dante grins, "Good-morning  Ria." He wraps his arms around my waist and I my smile widens.

"Dante, we need you deal with something." Luca comes into the kitchen with a bored expression on his face.

I release his chin, and he turns & leaves out the kitchen with Luca.

"We're getting married. Will you really be a little home- wrecking whore?!" Anastasia nearly yells, getting in my face.

"Girl back up first off." I warn, slightly nudging her away. "You might be in this little arrangement, but let's not forget who actually has his attention. Me. Not you, me. I know it must be hard to accept that, but it's the truth." I shrug.

Her eyes turn to slits are she glares at me, "just remember when he's my husband, he won't be whoring around with you-  he has class." She flips her hair over her shoulder, smiling.

"You think he'll pick you over me?" She says, laughing.

"Any time, any place, without a second fucking thought." I turn, seeing  Dante leaned against the wall. His face holds little to no expression.

"I guess that answers your question doesn't it?" I give her a warm smile.

"You bitch-" she takes a step towards me, and Dante pushes off the wall. She swings her arm which I assume was intended to hit me, but catches Dante in the chest.

"Im going along with this for my father. I don't, and will never feel anything for you. You will stay in this house, that is all." He pauses for a moment before continuing.

"But- if you ever so much as look at Zaria funny again? I'll forget about it all." His  tone was deep, menacing even.

"I don't understand-"

"You don't have to understand shit. I don't have to explain shit to you. I've made it clear, and I hope you were listening. Now get what you need, and go to your room. You've been fully moved in, and I suggest you stay put."