Chapter 35- Hoodie

A FEW DAYS LATER

ZARIAS POV

"Fuck fuck fuck!" I drop the curling irons as I burn myself for the 5th time. "Shit that hurt." I move my hair out of the way to inspect my neck. I notice a light bruise forming as I dab some cold water on it. My hands are so unsteady.

These past few days have been good. Me and Dante have.. made up. I guess you could say? He took me to lunch, and we talked. He's not a huge asshole when he's apologizing.

I was attempting to curl my hair for class today, but it hadn't been going my way. I curl a few more strands before calling a quits. "You know what? This will have to do." I quickly throw on a hoodie trying my best to cover the many burn marks around my neck as I pack a few snacks for the road.

"Good morning." A raspy voice speaks and I turn to see Dante stretching as he comes out of his room. "Good morning!" I take a bite of my toaster waffle. "Class?" I nod. Dante steps closer to me bending down and takes a big bite  out of the waffle nearly eating all of it.

I place my waffle down glaring at him. "You did not." "Oh, but I did sweetheart." I flick him off as I quickly turn around. Dante spins me back around as his face shifts to one of confusion.

I raise an eyebrow trying to figure out what he was looking at. My neck. He grabs the drawstrings of my hood wrapping them around his hand as he yanks me closer to him, pushing the hoodie down around my neck.

"What the fuck. Is on your neck, are those- hickeys?" His words cut sharp. He grabs my chin titling my head up inspecting my neck. "I burnt myself," I answer honestly. "Multiple fucking times?" He holds my chin to meet his gaze now.

"Yes, multiple times. No big deal. Plus even if they were hickies it really wouldn't matter because"-" because what?" "We're friends." His jaw clenches at my words as he nods.

"We are friends no? If someone was sucking on my neck while I moaned their name— "then they'd be dead." He snaps. Scary Mafia man.

Dante showing... Jealousy was a surprise to me. Like the other day him actually... admitting it? Caught me by surprise. "I have class Dante, I need to go." He still has my hoodie strings wrapped around his hand I attempt to pull them from his grip.  He didn't say a word, he just slowly brought his face to mine.

"Can I kiss you, Ria?" I nod hesitantly. "Words." "Yes." His lips meet mine as he runs his hands through my hair pulling my head back. His lips shift, latching onto my neck sucking and licking my skin. I hold back the moan threatening to come out as he lets my head go. He pecks my lips once more before smirking.

What did he do- I rush to the bathroom mirror. Right in the middle of my neck, clearly distinguished among my burns, was a hickey. "Dante!" I storm out of the bathroom as he laughs. "I'm so glad you think this shit is funny." I roll my eyes grabbing my bag for class. "Bye, princess." I flick him off once more as I walk out the door.

                             . . .

"We've only got a little left to do, want to finish it tonight?" Carter questions. We still have to finish the analysis part of our project. We've been working on this for more than a month. "Sure. Should we meet at the library?" "I was thinking of your dorm." His answer catches me by surprise.

"Oh? Ok, that's fine too." I'll see you later. I begin walking back to the dorm as I try my best to keep my hoodie secured around my neck. Classes today have been... rough. I was tried, truthfully. Once in the dorm, I put my bag down and began doing my homework.

Soon, the door opens revealing the whole crew. Ryan and Jayden were arguing as Luca and Dante both looked like they wanted to kill them. "You shot me!" Ryan yells "That was like a week ago, get over it!" Jayden responds. "OK, let me shoot you. Get even." "Im going shoot you in the mouth if you don't shut the fuck up." Luca snaps.