Chapter 20- Turning point.

ZARIA POV

"We uh... we need to talk." Jayden says hesitantly as he steps in. "Is everything ok?" I question as we walk to the couch and sit down.

"I haven't been... 100% honest with you. So, I'm just going to say it." He takes a deep breath before continuing. " I ran a test, a dna  test to be exact. I pause for a moment. "Why would you?—" "You... you remind me of someone. Someone I was supposed to protect, and I didn't." He finishes.

I look over at Jayden and his head is hung low. "Jayden,what are you talking about? I question as I reach over to touch his shoulder. He raises his head and his gaze meets mine. His eyes are teary. And in this moment, I'm lost for words. "Jayden... what's wrong?" I use my jacket sleeve to wipe his face.

"I had... a sister. She was my life. No matter how much shit I had going on, I could look at her and feel better. My Butterfly.

My butterfly.... Why is that.... Familiar?

~flashback

"Jay Jay I'm scared! I don't wanna jump!" The little girl squeals as she looks down at the pool. "It's ok, look at me. Look at me."

~End of flashback

He speaks so softly. I almost missed it. "I think-"he pauses. "I think you're my sister, Zaria." I look into his eyes & they're full of emotions. "And that?" I question. My gaze shifts down to the envelope in his hand. He holds the envelope out to me. "I couldn't- I couldn't open it alone."

I take the envelope from his  hands and begin opening it. I take a deep breath as I take out the paper in the envelope.

I read through the results of the test before I fold the paper, and look at Jayden. "Jayden.... I'm sorry." He visibly looks defeated as he slowly nods his head.

"I'm sorry ZZ, I don't know what I was thinking. You- you just reminded me so much of my sister. I- I jumped to conclusions." He takes the paper out my hands and unfolds it.

"You didn't let me finish... I'm sorry that you're stuck with me." His eyes light up as  he finishes reading the paper before he jumps up and pulls me up from the couch before pulling me in for a tight hug.

"Zaria I'm so sorry, so fucking sorry." He whispers quietly in my ear as he wraps his arms around me even tighter. I nuzzle my head against his chest as I sigh.

We stay like this for a moment  before I begin to pull away as reality sets in. "Wait... if- if you're my brother... why did your- our? Parents give me up?!." I question looking at Jayden. "Zaria it's not like that. I promise you." He grabs my hand and holds it in his.

"Then what is it like? I grew up in a fucking foster home. And when I was adopted? I got treated like shit."  I pull away from Jayden as sudden anger sets in. He looks like he's lost for words, but I have so many questions.

"Zaria... listen. There was an accident- we thought- we thought you were dead." His voice is soft, and full of emotions. "How.... how did you think I was dead?!" I question.

"The accident..." he starts. "It all happened so fast, at first.... We were just riding in the car, and out of nowhere a truck slammed into your side of the car." He pauses. "When we got to the hospital... they told us you didn't make it Zaria. They said your heart stopped."

He takes a deep breath before he continues. "Mom & dad broke down. I broke down. Zaria I- if I had known, I would've come looking for you a lot fucking sooner. I swear. But I thought-" he starts tearing up again & this time it's me pulling him into a hug I wrap my arms around him, and rub his back.

"I'm sorry Jayden... I assumed you guys... left me. I- I- don't even remember the accident." I finish. "You were 4... it's likely you don't remember it... or me. Your memory may have been damaged..." he responds.

I don't remember much of my childhood... I just remember the foster home... could it be my memory?!...

"Zaria." Jayden says snapping me out my thoughts as we pull away from the hug. "I know you have questions... and I'm sure mom and dad will answer them...I'll give you space. Whatever you need." He continues.

I look up at Jayden and I can't help the smile that comes to my face. "You're my... brother. I have a brother. I have... a family." I say out loud but mainly talking to myself. "I am, and you are my little sister." Jayden says with a smile  of his own.

I hug Jayden once again." so... want some gummy bears?" I offer as I pull away. He chuckles before he answers. "Sure..."

~~~~~~~ 20 minutes later~~~~~~~~

"You peed your pants?! Seriously?!" I question as I hold my stomach. I haven't laughed this hard in years. "Yes ZZ, I peed my pants." He responds.

Me and Jayden have spent the last 20 minutes talking, and honestly it's been great. My brother. Wow, it still feels weird to say that... moments later, we hear the door open. And in walks Dante.

The tension that immediately followed was clear... Jayden takes one look at Dante, and his face completely falls. He's no longer smiling. "I knew you'd be here." Dante chuckles to himself as he drops his coat on the chair. Jayden stands as he speaks. "Im going to head out, ZZ. I'll see you tomorrow." Nope. Not doing this

Before Jayden can make his way to the door, I latch onto his arm. "You two." I point at Dante with my free hand. "Are going to sit down, and fix whatever mess is going on. They both give me the same "I'm not doing that" look but I don't care.

"Sit down." I point to the couch as I let Jayden go. "Zaria there is no point-" he begins. "Sit down, Jayden." I say once again and this time, he sits. I then look over at Dante silently pleading with him to sit down.

A moment later, he huffs as he sits on the other side of the couch. "Good, now what's going on?"  I question as I stand on the other side of the coffee table looking at the two. "Nothing is going on, Zaria." Dante responds as Jayden scoffs. " I checked him for being an asshole, that's what." Jayden speaks.

" I wasn't being an asshole. I was making sure my best fucking friend wasn't being manipulated!" Dante nearly yells while focusing is gaze on Jayden. "Manipulated by looking out for my fucking friend?! No, I'm sorry my fucking sister?!." Jayden responds trying to keep his cool.

Dante's face is full of confusion. "Sister?" His gaze shifts between me and Jayden. "Surprise?" I say while shrugging. "How long have you known?" Dante's gaze focuses on Jayden once again.

"Found out tonight,right ZZ?" I nod. "Jayden... that's I- I'm happy you found her." Dante responds in a much calmer tone. "Look man, I'm sorry for being an asshole....But are you sure... you want her to be your sister?!" He points at me.

I gasp dramatically. "Hey! I am a great sister." I throw one of my last gummy bears at him. And unfortunately he catches it. "Asshole." I scoff. "Brat." He chucks the gummy bear back at me, hitting me in the face.

"Alright that's enough name calling. And you-" Jayden points at me. "Stop all that cussing." He can't be serious. He's been my brother for 2 hours and thinks he the boss of me. I'll let him win for now.

"Sir yes sir." I give him a fake salute. "Well on that note I'm off to bed... I've got practice early. I hope you guys fix... whatever that is." I motion between the two.

"Goodnight." "Night." "Goodnight ZZ."
And with that, I head to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO as many of you guessed...... they are........SIBLINGS WOOOOO

please give me some ideas about this book guys... next chapter at 5 votes!

Vote/ comment pleaseeee