Chapter 9- Bathroom break.

ZARIA

Me and Queen arrive at the party,  and she of course shoots straight for the bar. This Airbnb is amazing there's an indoor arcade, and a freaking pool. I would've brought my swim suit but eh, next time. I have to be the sober responsible friend because I have to drive back to campus.

I continue to walk around the house for a little while, before I'm shocked by someone speaking into my ear. "Well if isn't insult girl" I turn to see Carter flashing that smile at me & i can't help but return it. "Hey Carter! I didn't know you'd be here."

"I'm third wheeling with Zoe & Zack unfortunately, you here alone?" "Nope I'm here with the cookie stealer."

"Ahh, Queen right?" He ask. "Yup that's her." "Sweet, do you want a drink? I'm about to get one myself."

"Nah, I have to be sober to keep up with my crazy bestfriend. I'll come with you though?"

"Can't decline the lady at her first college party can I?" He says with a playful smile as we make our way to the bar.

"This place is really nice. I wonder how much it was to rent this thing." "You should ask your roommate, he owns it."

"Dante? Really? No way he can afford all this." "Zaria... you do know who he is right?" "Uhhh... Dante?" I question. "It's not my place to tell. Anyways I'm gonna get me drink." He says while trying to wave down the bartender.

Weird. I take this time to look around a little more. And... unfortunately I lock eyes with my sister...  and she begins to stalk towards me fuck. I see Carter making his way back towards me with his drink and I mentally scream here we go.

"Hey sis. Didn't expect to see you here." Carter raises an eyebrow silently asking a question. "I'm adopted." I say. I mean I'm sure he could've guessed that by now but still. "Omg hey Carter.... Natasha says while flipping her hair.

" Hey Nat, anyways Zaria I wanna introduce you to some people." Carter says. And I'm so thankful. "Oh I can join you-" "pretty sure you werent invited Natasha, I'm sure one of your friends wants you around. Or all they busy giving blow jobs?" I say with a straight face as me and Carter walk towards his friends I'm guessing?

"That was a bit harsh wasn't it? But I already know how Nat is so I can only imagine what you deal with. "Right..  I say with a nervous laugh.

We reach a group of... let's just say interesting people. I recognize one of them. "Hey Derrick!" I say waving at him as we walk up to him. "You two know each other?" Carter asks.

"Ohh yeah dude! Remember the new chick I said that was kicking ass today at practice?"

"Talking about me are we?" I say in a playful tone. "Only good things of course. Derrick says with a wink." Causing me to me to roll my eyes.We all talk for a bit until I tap Carter. "Hey Carter, I need to go check on Queen but I'll check up with you ok?" "Need help finding her?" He offers. "Nah it won't be too hard."

~ few minutes later

"Queen!" I shout as I see her taking another shot. "Hey girllll" she slurs. Haven't even been here for an hour , and she's already wasted. "I need to tinkle." She says & I groan. "Ok... let's go find the bathroom. I help her off the bar stool and she stumbles down the hall. She goes in the bathroom and id rather not see her puke up her lunch, so i decide to wait outside.

As im waiting, i see a group of what I can only assume to be upper class men walking down the hall. They stop for a moment, before the ring leader continues towards me.

"Hey babe you wanna dance?" He says while getting a little too close for comfort. "Dancing isn't my thing, no thanks." I say with a tight smile. Now please leave.

"Oh come on, let's have a little fun" he says while running his fingertips up my arm. I yank my arm away from him and take a step to the side. Please puke faster Queen.

"Look, I don't want to be a bitch but I'm not interested ok? Leave me alone. There's plenty of people here to dance with."

"You don't tell me what to do bitch. I do what I want." It's one thing for me or my friends to call me a bitch, and it's another for a rich little white boy to call me a bitch.

"Don't call me a bitch just because you were raised by one ok?  Now leave me the fuck alone." I can tell I've struck a nerve.

"The fuck did you just say?!" He shouts as he raises his hand and before i can even react  I hear someone speak. "Hit her, and I'll beat your ass right here and now." I look to see Jayden leaning against the wall holding his cup very nonchalantly. The guy infront of me scoffs

"Do you know who I am? And let me tell you "homeboy" there's only 1 of you, vs 6 of us." Jayden just laughs while setting his cup down. "Look at white boy tryna get some street cred.  But uh, let me tell you a little secret." He says while bending down with his hands in his pockets to whisper in the guy's ear.

"I don't really give a fuck who you are." He says with a shrug. "But I do know," he begins while slinging his arm around my shoulder "that if I ever see any of you bitches even think about touching her again, you'll deal with me. Cool? Got that? I don't care if there's 20 of y'all, none of y'all can dodge bullets." He says with a shrug.

The dude laughs, before speaking "If you're doing all this for some pussy just say so-" no sooner then he gets the sentence out Jayden socks him right in the nose.

"What the fuck dude! I think it's broken" the dude says while Jayden picks his cup back up and slings his arm around my shoulder once again.

"Good. Now watch your fucking mouth  when you speak to me or about her.  you got it punk?" Jayden says. I've never seen him be this serious before... it's kind of scary.

"I said you got it?" They all mumble a quick yes before shuffling away. Once they're gone he turns to me. "You good? Why you standing here all alone ZZ?" Him and this nickname.

"I'm not, I came with Queen to the bathroom, she's been in there forever"I say while pulling away and forcing the bathroom door open only to see Queen passed out in the tub. I groan and turn towards Jayden.

He gives me a look and I already know I'm going to have to suck up to him for help." I am not getting thrown up on for you ZZ, not happening."

"You won't! Just help me get her to the car please?!" i say while giving my best attempt at puppy dog eyes. "Ughh fine.cmon before i change my mind."

We get on either side of Queen, and drag her out the house. Once we reach the car, I just toss her in the backseat.

"Thanks Jayden... for everything. "Of course ZZ, can't let my best bud get hurt can I?" He opens his arms for a hug and I smile as I take a step forward to accept his embrace.
We stay like this for a moment, until we hear someone clear their throat.

We break apart and look to see Dante leaning against his car smoking. "Getting nice and cozy are we?" He says. His eyes are trained on Jayden almost as if he's ignoring my presence.

"Just giving my best bud ZZ here a hug." He says while glancing at me. Dante's eyes shift to me. "You should probably get your friend to bed." He says coldly.  "Right- thank you again Jayden,goodnight." I say as I round the front of the car & hop inside and head to the dorms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do we think of Jayden??
Big thanks to @milaRose972 for being my first reader, & constantly voting for my book, it doesn't go unnoticed 🩶