Chapter 33- The ball

THE DAY OF THE BALL

ZARIA'S POV

"This dress is so itchy." I adjust the silky royal blue gown I wore. After the talk with Jayden, Dante had his assistant fit me for a gown. It was beautiful, I offered to pay for it, but Dante told me not to worry about it.

"Will you stop complaining? It looks perfect on you." Queen flicks me on the forehead as she does the last few touch ups to my wig.

"I know, i know." I groan as she sprays setting spray causing me to cough. "My god- that's enough." I snatch the can out her hand as she starts laughing before coughing aswell. "All done." I glance in the mirror taking in my appearance. I have on a little makeup, not too much but enough to see.

My wig is a beautiful raven color, darker than my natural hair for sure. "You look beautiful, Z. My little girl growing up!" Queen wipes a fake tear off her face causing me to roll my eyes. I check my phone, specifically the time. "Thank you Q, I should get ready to go I'm sure Dante will be here soon—" no sooner than I finish my statement there's a knock at the door.

I hold my gown up trying my best not to trip over it. Another knock. "I'm coming I'm coming. Stupid heels." Once I finally make it to the door, I swing it open revealing Dante.

He's dressed in a matte black suit, his sleeves are rolled up revealing his tattoos. Fuck he looks good. His face is freshly shaved, really showing his chiseled chin.

"You alright there sweetheart?" He rest his arm on the doorframe. "I'm fine." I clear my throat finally meeting his gaze. His eyes wonder over my body as well. You aren't slick.

"Ready to go?" He holds his hand out to me and I glance back at Queen who's been staring this whole time.
"Yes." I place my hand in his as we begin walking to the car.

Once we reach the car, Dante opens my door before rounding the car to get in. Once in, he takes occasional glances at me before placing his hand on my thigh. I lightly tense before relaxing as the car grows silent. Once we pull up, Dante once again opens my door, before helping me out.

"Wow." I take a minute to breathe in the beautiful scenery in front of me. This place is huge. Theres a beautiful gold water fountain right in the center, surrounded by flowers.

I also notice the people around us. Women walking in beautiful gowns, looking 10 times better than me. Dante takes my hand as we walk up the stairs.

"I can't do this." I stop halfway up. "What do you mean?" "I don't fit in- look around us- look at you! It's screams rich and elegant. That's not me." I take a deep breathe looking around once again.

"Look at me, Ria." I ignore him. "Look. At. Me." He grabs my chin turning my chin to face him.

"You have been a pain in my ass." Ouch. "But you look beautiful. Do you hear me? Stop doubting yourself, Zaria. Now let's go inside, it's cold." I can't help but smile. That was... sweet. Minus the whole "pain in my ass" comment.

As we walk, I hear someone call Dante's name and he stops walking. I try to look past him, but he keeps a firm grip on my hand. "Ah, my dearest friend. What happened to the fight? Don't tell me you're avoiding me." Lorenzo.

"Don't start Enzo, I have better shit to do." Dante grumbles out slightly pulling me behind him. "Like what? I sure you know I'm a business man. You've become a hot shot in the ring.

I want my business to pick up, you want to win money. I don't see why you won't fight? Unless, it's because of the other part of the deal... bringing your little friend along?"

Dante's grip on my hand tightens. "I don't know what you're talking about, she has nothing to do with me fighting." "Ah, I see." Lorenzo says with a chuckle. He steps beside Dante and glances at me. "Don't you look beautiful." He grins as Dante pushes him back.