Chapter 12- The race.

ZARIA

This chapter is.... Longer sorry guys.

It's currently 6, and I'm starting to get ready for the race. I called Queen to invite her, but it seems she's still dealing a hangover. How much did that girl drink?! I remember Jayden said to wear red- so I threw on a simple outfit. Some jean shorts, a red crop top and my dunks.

Can't go wrong with simple right? I check the time and it's 6:35. I head to the bathroom to  do my finishing touches, grab my purse, and head out the door.
***
20 minutes later.

I've arrived at the.... Race track? It's a dirt road but I guess it could be used for racing. I text Carter to see if he's here & he is so I get out the car and begin  looking for him.

As I'm about to enter the event area, I'm stopped by security. "Are you Zaria Williams?" Did this asshole really tell them not to let me?

"Ummm, actually that's my sister! Twin sister. I say with a nervous smile. "Really, then what's your name?""It's- "

"Ciara! I'm glad you could make it." Jayden says coming out of nowhere and throwing his arm over my  shoulder.

"Don't worry guys Ciara is with me." He gives the guards a wink before guiding me into the event area. Once we're clear he turns to me. "Guess Dante really didn't want you here."

"Well that's too bad, and why aren't you wearing red?!" I look down at his all black fit. "I'm apart of Dante's crew, we wear black. And those coming In support of Dante..." don't say it. "Wear red." He finishes. I take a minute to register what he said.

"you tricked me!" I lightly hit his chest. And Jayden of course being the dramatic king he is holds his chest like I hit him hard.

"Oh you're so fake!" "Wow ZZ, I never knew you could be so cold-hearted." He pouts. Actually pouts. I can't help but laugh at his expression.

"Zaria?" I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn to see Carter. "Carter hey! I was just going to come look for you."

"Why would you look for him?" Jayden ask glaring at Carter. Ok... weird.

"We planned to come together, well not together but meet up when we got here." I explain. "Oh, ok I get it. Like a date. "Yes." "No." Me and Carter speak at the same time. I give him a look.

"No, it isn't a date." I answer. Jayden  gives Carter another look. "Good. Well ZZ I gotta go check on Mr. Grumpy before the race. I'll catch up with you." "Ok, and thanks for getting me in." "No prob." He says as he walks off.

"You had trouble getting in?" Carter questions. "It's a long story trust me. What's with all the blue?" I look at Carter's outfit he's dressed in blue from head to toe.

"My friend is racing, came to support. Always do." "That's sweet." He looks at my outfit. "And you're wearing.... Red." "I am! But in my defense Jayden told me to wear red... he didn't tell me why"

"Red is Dante's color, you should change."  That sentence made me upset, I don't know why but it did.

"What's wrong with me supporting Dante? Maybe I want to." "I didn't mean it like that Zaria, it's just- he's not the kind of person you should be involved with." He says. What's with people telling me what to do recently?! It's seriously annoying me. "You know, I think I'm going to find Jayden. I need to uh, ask him something." I mutter.