Chapter 46- Back to normal.

A/N VOTE/COMMENT!!!!

*editing later, comment mistakes 🩵

DANTE'S POV

"Any update?" I question, closing the door behind me.

"No" Ryan responds.

After the ball, I've had my men working to find Gio. This bastard was like a ghost. Not sign of him. Ever. But he fucking hurt my Ria, he will die by my hands.

"How long are you going to keep this away from Zaria? And don't give me some bullshit ass answer." Jayden says while Ryan types away on his keyboard.

"When I catch him. She doesn't need to know before then." I respond, staring at the screen.

"Bullshit." He sings.

"Jayden." I say in a warning tone.

"I'm just wondering why you're doing shit in secret D. Hasn't worked out that well for you so far."

I knew he was right. Did I give a shit? No. My only focus was finding this bastard- and making him regret the things he did to Zaria. Seeing her lying on the floor. Unresponsive. It did something to me. A million fucking things ran through my head.

What if she didn't wake up? What if I allowed that fucker to find her again? No. It won't happen. Not while I'm breathing. I will die before something happens to her, and even then I will hunt that fucker down with Satan himself by my side.

"So, how did it go? Are you still a free man?" Ryan butts in, spinning in his chair to face me.

"No my friend, I am not." I say, unable to keep the grin off my face. I have a girlfriend. Fuck.

"Who would've thought you, of all people, would get a girlfriend. And then it be Jayden's sister nonetheless!"

"Small world." Jayden says, patting my shoulder. "I gave you permission to ask her, but make no mistake, if you hurt her I will still kill you."

Jayden and I had a conversation maybe a week ago, when I showed him the ring he punched me in the face. He thought I was proposing to her. I had to explain to this hothead that wasn't the case.

"I'm aware." I grumble out as he releases my shoulders. Ryan hits a button on his keyboard and a bunch of photos pop up. Photos of Zaria.

"What the fuck is this?" I snap, stepping towards the monitor.

"I don't know. It's a file that was sent to us." He clicks on the message, and my blood boils as I skim over the letter.

Enjoy her while you can, you'll only get her killed. If you know what's best for you, you'll give me back what's mine.

- Gio

He's fucking dead. "Fuck." I nearly break the desk from punching it.

"Relax D, he doesn't know where we are, and he won't get close to Ria. We will fucking make sure of that." Jayden assures me.

"Zaria goes back to classes tomorrow. I want a guard with her 24/7 I don't give a fuck where she goes, she will have someone with her." I grit, still staring at the screen.

"She won't agree to this-"

"She doesn't have a choice. Make sure the guard stays out of sight. And for the love of god, if he tries anything, and I mean fucking anything with her, he dies." I mutter out, turning to leave the room.

As I enter the hallway, I spot two of my men talking. They're facing the opposite way, so they haven't noticed my presence.

"Have you seen boss's fiancé? What a bitch." I mentally chuckle, got that right.