Setting the Scene

Hello again readers!

If you want to skip this chapter, then that's fine, but hear me out first.

This chapter's purpose is to inform you on the AU. It is not essential to understand the plot, but it helps you to understand the point at which the Rainbow Friends are at when the story begins.

Here is a little bit of backstory to get you started:

     The Rainbow Friends are living organisms who were developed and brought to life by a group of scientists. They were modeled after and inspired by the Rainbow Funtime Friends, beloved mascots of the famous OddWorld.

      The Rainbow Funtime Friends Playplace, or more commonly known as simply the Playplace nowadays, belonged to the same owner as OddWorld. The man, Oswald D. Davis was his name, he wanted it to be another place where kids could go to have fun with the Rainbow Funtime Friends.

     The Rainbow Friends had come to life after many years of experimenting and developing. They were kept at the Playplace for many years. They were cared for and played with little kids. They lived a simple and enjoyable life.

There were a couple differences with these creations from the originals, however. 

     Firstly, only one had been equipped with the ability to speak. The rest had shown some intelligence and much sentience, but no others could speak like their mascot counterparts. This could have either been a mistake in their creation, or a result of them not being fully developed properly.

     Secondly, the Rainbow Friends all seemed to be somewhat odd, or in other words, have weird obsessions. While it is not expected to be possible to develop an organism that works perfectly, all of the Rainbow Friends each had weird little activities or habits that seemed to only make them more lovable.

     Thirdly, each and every one of the creations had some sort of disability. It was most likely the imperfect development process. Here are the disabilities that each Rainbow Friend had developed.

     Red Friend: No mouth like his mascot counterpart

     Orange Friend: Hyperactive, and as a result, his scales are hot and he is hard to control

     Yellow Friend: Cannot fly like his mascot counterpart

     Green Friend: Blind

     Cyan Friend: No arms. There was the option to give her arms at a younger age, but the scientists agreed it wasn't worth it because her color was less "important" than the others

     Blue Friend: Only one eye, he also drooled a lot. Neither was fixed, instead he was given a button eye

     Purple Friend: Underdeveloped muscles. He was weak and fragile as a result. He began to hide in the vents in the wall in order to hide from people when they got too rough

     And finally, the Rainbow Friend all tended to get rough sometimes. It was most likely the Rainbow Friends attempting to be gentle, but often forgetting that they were not human children themselves and playing too hard was an often occurrence.

     The team of workers at the Playplace often worked with the Rainbow Friends, trying to show them how to play gently with the little kids. But it only helped a little. While the problem never grew worse, it was still a concern that they would one day get carried away and end up severely hurting someone.

     That fear turned out to be entirely logical. One night at the Playplace, the Rainbow Friends disappeared from their usual spots. After an entire day of looking, none of them could be found. The next night they returned, but they were different.

     They all looked different, they looked monstrous, larger, scarier. They had no desire to play games with the children.

     Only the desire to kill.

     That was the day of the massacre. The entire work staff had gone missing the night before. Less than a week later, the Playplace was closed and abandoned. There were many attempts to get the Rainbow Friends captured to move them into a secure and controlled area, but the Rainbow Friends, being hostile, attacked anyone who came near them.

     Many years later, the Rainbow Friends never left the Playplace. They were eventually forgotten for many years. It has been a long time since that horrifying day.

     The Rainbow Friends, at this point, have the ability to return back to their original forms. They can somewhat control their more monstrous forms.

     For the sake of this story, we are going to call these forms the Predators. All Rainbow Friends who are being referred to as their Predator forms will be written as P!(insert name).

     The Predator forms are the forms of the Rainbow Friends that hunt down the players for five nights straight, until there are none left.

     From the Rainbow Friends' perspective, it looks like this:

     About every week, for unknown reasons, a group of small humans enters the abandoned facility. The Rainbow Friends have all decided a long time ago that if humans were to ever find them, they would be taken away or harmed.

     In order to prevent anyone from finding out about them, they kill all the witnesses. This has become a normal habit for them. They turn into their Predator forms only to kill intruders, nothing more, unless one of them accidentally loses control of themselves.

_________

Thank you if you read this entire chapter! I hope this provided some useful insight for the rest of this story.

Next Chapter: Meet Orange!