These Memories (Part 1/4)

Hello guys! Here's another chapter for you. However, this one is a little different. (Again, I guess) Enjoy!

Also, this story has now reached 2,000 reads! If you're still reading this story, then thank you so much!

It makes me so happy to know there are at least a few people out there reading what little I have to offer.

Enough of my babbling, let's get into the chapter!

................................................

//CHAPTER 8.1

O.D.D Assistant Caregiver

The goals shifting, the methods sly,

Hearts heavy with doubt and dismay.

What will become of their once noble work,

In the darkness of greed's play?

.............................................

Disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional, and some of the details may not be perfect. I don't mind being corrected on anything, but chances are that I won't change the text unless it's a big mistake.

{[~Date: July 8, 1992~]}

Julia Cortez Adkins walked down the hallway, flipping through the pages on her clipboard. It had been a few months since Green had gotten his last vaccination.

While the monster didn't like getting vaccinated, it was required for all of the "mascots" to get the vaccinations, or else the company could be sued. It was in ODD's best interest to prevent any kid from getting hurt or sick while they played with the Rainbow Friends.

As she reviewed his vaccination history, she concluded that Green would need his Influenza vaccination next. She would need to bring this up with the healthcare professional to make sure he approved before she did anything, however.

Julia reached the office and knocked on the door. She waited for a moment when she didn't hear a response right away. After a couple beats, she wondered if he was off trying to make friends with Purple again.

She was about to turn away when she heard a muffled response coming from inside the room. Julia took that as permission to enter and opened the door.

She saw Dr. Faulkner inside, scrambling to pick up a bunch of papers on the floor, which must have dropped to the floor.

"Oh! Let me help." She exclaimed, walking over to help him pick them up. He smiled gratefully at her as she handed him a couple of the papers.

"Thank you, Miss Adkins." He said, pushing up his glasses and laying the papers on the desk beside him, which was also littered with papers. "I'm sorry you had to walk into such a mess."

Julia playfully nudged his shoulder. "There's no need to be so formal, Noah. I just came in to have you sign this paper. It's the files for Green's next vaccination."

She handed him the top paper from her clipboard. Dr. Faulkner took the paper and glanced over it.

He muttered to himself for a moment, then took out a pen from his desk drawer and signed the paper.

"There you go." he said, handing the paper back over. She took it back gratefully and smiled back at him.

"And Jules? Don't let Mr. Davis hear your opinion on his rules. You know how he feels about the 'formalities.'" Dr. Faulkner said, beginning to organize the papers that were on his desk.