To Hide A Divide (Part 1/4)

Hello again! I'm back with a new chapter. Here it is!

..........................................

Blue

I offer words of comfort, a gentle embrace,

But deep down I know it's not enough.

I long to be a fortress, a shield against the storm,

Yet all I can do is stand by and watch.

.......................................

As Blue walked back to the Playplace, he wondered if they had made the right decision by giving all of the Lookies to Cyan and Yellow for the time being.

Even though he still had his doubts, it was sure to be better than if they were left in the Playplace. He had done his best to avoid talking about it, but things were still a little awkward. Purple was all mopey, Orange seemed to be mostly normal, except that the collar seemed to annoy him a lot.

And Green...Blue was concerned for the fluffy monster. He really wanted to help him out, but he was always feeling left out. Blue wondered if there was anything he could do.

As he walked, he remembered that Green didn't like it when anyone mentioned his blindness. Blue decided that he would simply try to ask Green what he could do to help when he got back.

As he saw the Playplace in the distance, he sped up a little. He knew that he was stronger than any human or animal he's ever met, but something about the woods still made him uneasy.

He found the entrance around the side and opened the door, entering the building.

Right away, he was greeted by big wide eyes staring at him through the vent near the ground. Blue sighed as he saw Purple scurry away, and knelt down next to the place where he had seen him.

"Purple, wait." Blue said, not too loudly as to scare the timid monster, but enough to get his attention as he tried to crawl away.

The thumping in the vents stopped for a moment, and Blue thought that Purple may have left already. But then they sounded again, coming closer, and Purple appeared at the entrance again, looking up at Blue warily.

"You know that Yellow didn't mean it, right?" Blue said, trying to sound comforting, but it came off sounding a little weird. He hoped that Purple understood he was trying to help.

"He said that I was being mean..and he was right. I shouldn't have called anyone out like that, I-" Purple cut himself off with a sigh. "I don't know if it's just me, or..." He said, trailing off again as he gripped the bars to the vent tightly.

"No Purple, I get it. But what Yellow was trying to say is that we've known each other all our lives...and we're all we have left. We have to make this work." Blue said, watching Purple intently.

Purple was silent for a moment, then looked back up at Blue, and for a moment, Blue thought he could see tears pricking at the corners of his eyes, barely visible in the thin shaft of light that shone through the bars of the vent.

"Blue...are we going to be alone forever?" Purple asked quietly.

Blue didn't answer for a long few moments. When he didn't answer right away, Purple spoke again.

"I-I'm sorry...You don't have to answer that-" Purple started, but Blue cut him off.

"No. No, it's okay." He started, "The truth is...I don't believe that this is it. One day, something's bound to change. But until then, I know that we aren't alone. We have Yellow, Cyan, Orange, Red, Green, and now the Lookies too." He said, trying to hide his own doubts.