Forget Your Regrets (Part 5/5)

....................................

//CHAPTER 2.5

Blue

A puzzle piece found, a clue they hold,

Unraveling the enigma, yet so bold.

Each step taken, closer to the store,

Their heart races, craving more and more.

....................................

Blue had been waiting for Red to come outside, but when he had knocked, there was no answer. 

Instead, he heard a lot of commotion coming from inside.

Blue knocked on the door to the laboratory once again, hoping for an answer. 

After hearing more shuffling and clanging, he knew that Red had heard him.

Green stood behind Blue, simply waiting for the door to open. 

Blue looked back at Green for a moment. "Loud noise, Green." He said, and Green nodded, preparing himself.

"RED OPEN THE DOOR." Blue yelled loudly, banging on the door loudly. The door was heavy metal, but still shook under his fist.

After a few more moments of clanging and shuffling, there was a loud crash. Blue cringed at the noise, hoping that he hadn't accidentally caused something to blow up inside the laboratory.

Finally, the door opened, revealing a slightly disheveled Red, who looked annoyed at being interrupted.

It seemed Red had indeed been busy, there was a mess behind him. 

It looked like multiple beakers had smashed on the floor and multiple pieces of equipment were strewn about. There were puddles of the chemicals from the beakers dripping onto the floor as well.

"I, um...didn't cause that, did I?" Blue asked sheepishly, as Green caught the scent of the spilled chemicals inside and gagged.

Red glared up at Blue as he dusted himself off. 

"Blue, I was in the middle of something. Can't you wait ten minutes?" He said, sounding very frustrated.

Blue did feel a little guilty about causing such a ruckus, but he really did want some answers, and he wanted them soon, if Red could provide, of course.

"I'm sorry, Red, I didn't think it was that important. I came here to talk to you, I need to ask you about something." Blue said, hoping that Red wouldn't kick them out before they had even entered the lab.

With a long sigh, Red let them enter the lab. "Fine, you can come in, but don't touch anything." Red said sternly, "Especially you Green."

Green pulled his arms in close, making sure to not bump into anything as he and Blue entered through the door.