To Hide A Divide (Part 3/4)

Hi again! I'm back, and I come bearing gifts!

One- just one gift, it's the chapter.

Enjoy!

.............................................

//CHAPTER 7.3

Purple

In a quiet moment,

whispers break the silence.

A secret long held close,

finally released into the open air.

.............................................

Warnings: Sensitive Themes

Purple, unlike at his last destination, did not come through the vent quietly. He wasted no time in scrambling through the entrance of the vent in Orange's cave.

Orange had just been resting atop his ledge when Purple came in, and jumped up, surprised at Purple's enthusiasm. He let out a shocked noise as Purple approached him quickly, scrambling across the floor.

Purple had been told before that it was scary to be chased down by an excited Purple. He had sometimes wondered what they had meant, but realized that they may have been talking about his very long limbs, which flailed around when he moved around outside of the vents very quickly.

Orange scrambled backwards for a second, then seemed to calm himself.

Purple waited patiently for him to speak, wondering if he had been a bit too rash with his approach. He decided that it was too late to back out now, and gripped the paper tightly in his hand.

"What in the rainbow Purple?!" Orange growled, although he didn't actually seem that mad. Purple studied his face for a couple moments, not saying a word. When he saw Orange shift uncomfortably, he realized that he had yet to speak.

"Orange, I know everything." Purple said, not wanting to waste any time.

Orange tensed up, and his gaze became guarded. "Everything? Everything about what?" He said, his voice hesitant.

Purple held up the piece of paper, still clutched tightly in his hand. "About the collar." He said.

Orange sighed, and Purple could've sworn that it was a sigh of relief. That confused him, because he expected that Orange wouldn't have been so relieved about that. Rather, he expected him to be more defensive, angry even.

"You found something?" Orange said, looking at the paper that Purple was holding. Purple nodded.

"It says here that the collar has a shock mechanism. Is this true?" Purple asked, still observing Orange very closely.

Orange was silent for a bit, and then he slowly nodded. "Y-yeah. It does..."

Purple felt the urge to go up onto the ledge to be closer to Orange, but refrained, knowing that Orange may be uncomfortable with it.

Instead he decided to press a little further, "...Why?" He asked, wondering if Orange would even bother to answer the question.

From where Orange was on the ledge, he curled up, as if trying to make himself look smaller. "I-I shouldn't tell you..." Orange said quietly.

Purple frowned, although Orange probably couldn't tell since his mouth wasn't visible. He slowly climbed up onto the ledge beside Orange, watching to make sure he wasn't crossing any boundaries.

He sat down next to the lizard-like monster, dangling his legs over the edge. Orange still remained curled up into a little ball, but he made no move to get away from Purple.