What's In A Friend? (Part 1/3)

GUYS I'M ALIVE.

I'm not dead. Sorry this chapter is so late.

I was very busy. Also I had to rewrite this chapter like 3 times.

So..um.

...enjoy! (And excuse me while I throw my computer out the window-)

...........................................................................

//CHAPTER 10.1

Orange

The world demands compliance,

Yet in the depths of the soul,

A flicker of rebellion remains,

A flame that refuses to be extinguished.

............................................................................

Warning: Death of a minor, sensitive topics

Orange sunk down onto the floor, gasping for breath. He was exhausted after making his first lap around the playplace.

It wasn't because of the running. No, he could do that easily, it was because he had tried to resist the urge to kill.

The movement he had seen around the corners, the shuffling of boxes that he heard. His Predator form had tried to kill it all.

And it had succeeded.

Orange wiped the blood from his mouth, trying to get it off of him. It was so much worse now that he knew everything.

It was much worse to know it was the blood of innocents.

He sat at the edge of the small stream that ran through the mini cave system. It was one of the lower sections of the playplace, with the walls that looked similar to his own lair.

Orange tried to get his own breathing under control, but he struggled to calm down after being forced to do such horrible things. He had tried to fight back, he truly had, but every time he thought he was close to controlling himself, the collar just shocked him again.

He gripped at the collar, feeling tears prick at the corners of his eyes.

He couldn't believe that this was happening. Why couldn't he just do his own thing? Why did he need this stupid collar?

He growled to himself, letting go of the collar and instead digging his claws into the floor.

Orange looked down at the blood coating his body, his own trembling claws.

Why did it have to be the children's blood? He wished it were his own.

He felt the tears streaming down his face. He knew he didn't have much time left before he was expected at his lair. 

As Orange looked up, he tried to get himself to focus, but the world seemed to be spinning. He thought he could feel himself sweating, although it may have just been the warm, hot blood coating his body...

His limbs felt weak and he could barely think. Maybe he could finally be free, if he were to give up now. He felt himself sink to the floor, tears still streaming down his face as he trembled.

Eventually, Orange managed to somewhat snap out of it. Although still struggling to control his breathing, he took in a large gulp of air as he looked around, confused.

He remembered where he was, as the world had finally seemed to level out, allowing him to push himself up tentatively.

Orange stood up, finally coming back to himself. He couldn't quite tell how much time had passed, but he did notice that he had indeed been sweating, and his heart was still beating so fast that Orange feared it would burst out of his chest.

He splashed himself with cold water, trying to drive away the rest of his lightheadedness. After a couple minutes, his breathing was almost normal again and he had stopped trembling.

He stayed silent, thinking to himself. That...didn't usually happen to him.

He wanted to spend more time thinking it over, figuring out exactly what had gone wrong and why, but Orange knew that he had to go back to his lair soon. He had to be there in case he had to run again in a couple minutes.

He felt sick at the thought of it, but he knew that he had no choice.

This was his life.

Orange shook himself, trying to get rid of the still weird feeling he had. He would need to be okay if he wanted to help out in this hunt.

As he climbed up the ladder, he took a deep breath, steeling himself for the rest of the night. He hoped that he wouldn't have to do another lap.

As he crept back to his lair, he saw Green in the distance. Green was lifting up a human with his big long arm. Orange found that he couldn't look away as Green chomped onto their upper half, causing blood to splatter all over the hall.

Orange turned around, trying to keep his head on straight, and entered his lair, pushing open the door. He sat back on his ledge, still trying to wipe the blood off of himself, but it seemed to have dried while he was distracted.

He sighed to himself. It wasn't a relieved sigh, but a troubled sigh.

Orange wasn't okay, and he knew that. What he didn't know, was how long he could keep going before he gave out.

It seemed to be an endless cycle of killing innocent children. There was no way out. Orange had tried his original plan of simply fighting back, but he had still gotten some kills. He was still a murderer.

Suddenly, the door to Orange's lair opened, and a small human ran inside. Orange whipped his head around to watch the kid.

For a moment, Orange was terrified that he would have to kill this one too, until he saw what they were doing. The human pulled the small lever on his feeding machine, letting the food spill out into the bowl.

Orange perked up. This was perfect. Now he had an excuse to not do his next lap. He eagerly jumped down from his ledge, ignoring how the human backed away in fear, and began to eat his meal.

He paused in his eating, wondering if there was a way to let the human know that they did the correct thing. He racked his brain, trying to think of something, anything, before he came up with an idea.

Orange stood up and put out his hand, he put one of his fingers up, trying to make a thumbs up at them. He didn't quite remember if he was doing it right.

The human looked very offended at the gesture, which surprised Orange. He hesitated for a moment, before trying a different finger. It didn't help that he only had three of them, so it was a little awkward.

Finally, realization seemed to dawn on its face. The human didn't run away, but also didn't try anything else as it watched Orange.

As Orange finished his food, he clambered back up onto his ledge, curling up as he stared back at the human. The human stared back at him for another moment before leaving the room and closing the door.

Orange sighed in relief. Maybe now, he wouldn't have to run anymore laps. He continued to wait in a tense silence. Not quite relaxed enough to sleep yet, hoping that the human would return before it was time for his next lap.

_______________________________________

Hey reader, I hope you enjoyed!

Sorry to say, but I will be busy for the next month or so. I will definitely still be updating, don't worry, but some chapters might be a little late.

Anyways, on that note, Goodbye and I hope you have a good day/night!

Next Chapter: What's In A Friend? (Part 2/3)