An Odd Bond (Part 2/4)

I'm back and totally not stressing out about anything.

Take the chapter-

..........................................

Orange (Again again)

Monsters lurk with eyes that gleam,

But still they press on, chasing dreams.

Their steps are hushed, their breath held tight,

Guided by the dim moonlight.

....................................

Warning: Death (💀death of minors💀), awkward interactions

Orange was hiding underneath the bridge, listening to see if there was any noise. He couldn't hear any footsteps, but he knew that Yellow didn't make any noise when he stepped.

He wanted to be perfectly sure that no one would spot him. He had even been avoiding all of the cameras, just to be sure.

As Orange waited, he saw a small blur of color dart past. It was a Lookie. Orange leapt out of his hiding spot before he could even think about it and snatched it up.

The Lookie squirmed in his claws, but Orange ignored its quiet protests and quickly hid back under the bridge.

It couldn't hurt to be a little extra careful.

Orange hadn't seen any people yet. He wondered how many were still alive. Maybe they were all just staying away from him. It made sense, Orange still looked just like the other monsters.

Orange glanced around once more, and seeing that the coast was clear, ran back towards the small room with the ladder. He kicked up a little bit of water as he ran through the small stream, causing the Lookie to squeak in surprise.

Orange remembered the small creature in his arms, and realized that he wouldn't be able to climb up the ladder while also carrying the Lookie.

He muttered to himself, frustrated, as he ran around the side, past the big green tower.

Orange suddenly heard loud squeaking footsteps, he looked up and saw Green turning the corner around the hedge.

Orange quickly ducked underneath the windmill-like playhouse.

As Orange scrambled through the small entrance, he collided head first with something else. He looked up, confused, and realized that it was one of the humans.

The two of them stared at each other in silence. The Lookie in Orange's arms wiggled uncomfortably, but it didn't break the tension.

Orange pressed his back against the opposite side of the hiding spot, trying to appear non-threatening. But it still did little to ease the situation.

The human was disappointingly not the one Orange was looking for. It scrambled backwards, letting out an alarmed squeal.

Orange tried to shush them, but the Lookie was in his arms, and the human didn't seem to understand him at all.

Orange realized it a second too late, but the squeaking had stopped outside of the playhouse.

Just then, a long green arm reached into the hiding spot and grabbed the human by the ankle.

The human let out a shriek as it was forcefully dragged outside, leaving Orange alone. It continued to let out more frightening and pained noises, and Orange knew that Green had caught them.

Green was really a force to be reckoned with now that he had glasses.

It seemed that the long-armed monster was now able to locate the entrance to the hiding spot. Green must have heard the human squealing.

Orange felt a surge of guilt as he realized that he was the reason the human had died. He wasn't even taking part in the hunt this time, and he was still somehow killing them off.

Was his fate inevitable?

Orange looked at the Lookie in his arms. As he did, he felt a rush of protectiveness. It was familiar, and it reminded him once again of why he was doing this.

He truly did have the interests of these humans at heart. He just wanted to save them. So what if one of them died? It probably would have died anyway.

Orange decided that he had to keep going. He waited until Green lifted his now blood-stained arm out of the way, and then rushed out of his hiding spot.

Green didn't seem to notice him as he darted past. Orange took the opportunity to run around the hedge and into the small clearing where he started this crazy adventure at.

When he got there, he saw yet another human dropping a Lookie into the pen. The moment the other human saw Orange, they took something off of their belt and unfolded it.

It was a big cardboard box. The human crouched down and placed the box over their head, concealing themselves.

Orange watched, unimpressed, as they began to walk away while still inside of the box.

He pretended not to notice as he also walked over and dropped his own Lookie inside of the pen. There were now five of them rolling around in there, bumping into each other unceremoniously.

Orange then went over to the box that had moved only about one or two feet away and ripped it off of the human. The human froze and looked up in surprise and fear.

But then, Orange realized that it was the human he had been looking for. The human also seemed to realize this, and its look of terror was replaced by one of relief.

The human stepped towards him, reaching its arms out, but Orange gently pushed it away. He didn't want to deal with any more emotions at the moment.

The human looked disappointed, but didn't try to touch him again. Orange gestured towards the pen of Lookies. The human glanced at it, and nodded, seeing that Orange had contributed as well.

Orange wished that he could talk to the human. That would make things much easier for him. Instead, he turned to go off and find more of the Lookies, hoping that the human would follow him.

He was not disappointed as the human did trail behind him, although they kept their distance while walking.

Orange sniffed the air, trying to distinguish the smell of the Lookies apart from the rest of the park. Thankfully, he was able to get a slight scent, and began to walk off in the same direction that he had entered the clearing from.

He didn't hear any thumping as he walked over, which he assumed was good. Although he did have to admit, the silence made him uncomfortable.

Just then, the human made some more human noises. Orange still couldn't understand them, however, so he just ignored them.

This was going to be a very long day.

_____________________

Well....uh....yeah that's all I have to say.

Bye for now, dear reader, and may you have a good day/night!