Chapter 12

Ramadan Mubarak my dear readers!!! May Allah make this Ramadan a blessed one.

———————————————————————————————————————————

Harry's P.O.V

"Oh, sorry. Come in, please." Tahira stepped aside to let us through and the boys greeted her and introduced themselves.

"Hi, Sara. Omar." I said as I reached the living room and saw them sitting on the couch. Sara grinned at me while Omar pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thank you." He said and I hugged him back without saying anything. I pulled away and motioned to the boys behind me.

"Omar, Sara, these are Harry's bandmates Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn." They greeted the boys before we all sat down on the couches.

We talked about random things while Sara and Tahira left to get the dinner ready before calling us into the dining room. I took my seat beside Tahira and Louis came and sat on my left. Omar was sitting at the head of the table with Sara on his right and Tahira on his left. Liam sat beside Sara while Niall took the seat next to him and Zayn sat directly in front of Omar.

The food smelled amazing even though I didn't know what it was. Niall was just looking at the food as if he could eat everything without knowing what it is and Zayn looked content when he took a deep breath and smiled brightly.

"I haven't had desi (home boon) food in a while." They looked a bit surprised at that and Zayn just smiled. "My dad is a Pakistani. We usually had the same food at home." Zayn said and Sara smiled at Zayn.

"Well, let's see what we have here..." Zayn said and he looked around. "Korma, Keema, Roti and... Oh my God!" Zayn's eyes widened as he looked at the rice dish. If I didn't know him better I'd think he was going to drool any minute. "You made Biryani?" Both Sara and Tahira blushed a bit at Zayn's tone as he said as if he'd just discovered a gold mine.

"I guess you really like it?" Omar asked chuckling a bit. "Love it." Zayn said.

"Marcel, pass the rice please."

Liam said a while later as we had the food. I took some rice for myself before giving it to Liam. The food so far had been a bit spicy but at the same time it tasted amazing. As soon as the rice touched my tongue, I understood why Zayn was about to drool after seeing it.

But this time, thankfully I had been able to hold any sound I may have unintentionally made after tasting it.

"This is amazing, Sara." Liam and I said at the same time and Sara smiled while Tahira blushed. She blushed even more after Louis and Niall tried it and said the same thing. "Thank you, but I just made the Korma and the Keema."

I looked at Tahira who just nodded a thanks. Niall's gaze immediately landed on Tahira. "Marry me!"

We all looked at Niall for a second before we burst out laughing. Tahira just blushed even more and Niall grinned. "Just kidding. But this is incredible. Are you planning on being a chef?"

She shook her head. "I'm planning on becoming a doctor actually."

Niall nodded and went back on his food. "What about you, Marcel?" Omar asked and I choked on my food in surprise and quickly drank some water.

"I'm going into marketing!" I said quickly and Louis looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Oh." Omar said and the rest of the dinner went silently.

"Tahira, beta (son (but sometimes can also be said to a girl)), get the dessert will you?" Sara asked as she started picking up the dishes but she stopped us whenever we tried to help her. Tahira nodded and went into the kitchen and came out with a tray with a big bowl and eight small bowls.

The big bowl had small brown balls in them in a syrup of some type. Before I could ask what they were, Zayn grinned. "Gulab jamuns?"

Omar grinned at Zayn as Tahira placed the tray in front of Omar. "Do you want one or two, Zayn?" Tahira asked and he replied with "Two please."

We all gave the same answer and Tahira handed a bowl to each of us and Sara finally came in before taking her seat. They were sweet and as we ate them we talked about random things and laughter was heard every now and then.

All in all, it was the best dinner I had had in a long time.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)