Chapter 139

Harry's P.O.V

"This is a family show! Put that poster down!" I told one of the fans in the crowd when I read her poster.

"Or is it!?" The stadium screamed back and I narrowed my eyes at them.

"It is. I've got my kids backstage." I said and saw Niall laughing when he looked back at me and I chuckled, shaking my head as the fans screamed even more.

When the fans got to know that we were adopting Patrick, they were happy yet some were a little weary as to why we were adopting. But we got those rumours that spread with the news over with as well.

Suddenly, the sound of badly played drums echoed in the stadium and when we turned towards it in surprise, I laughed when I saw Ameera sitting on Josh's lap. He had givin the sticks to her and she was playing with them with a large smile while he was laughing at her.

I looked around a little and frowned when I saw Patrick standing at the entrance of the stage with wide eyes as he stared at Ameera. I walked over to him and sat down on my toes.

"What's wrong, buddy?" I asked and he turned his attention towards me, eyes wide as if he was afraid.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly and I frowned more.

"Sorry for what?" I asked.

"Mu... Mum asked me to look after Ameera but she ran off." Patrick said and I peeked backstage.

"Where is she? I mean, your mum" I asked.

"She said she was going to say her prayers and told me to keep Ameera with me." Patrick said and I nodded in understanding then smiled.

"It's alright, Patrick. Ameera used to join me on stage before. Why don't you come with me?" I asked and stood up, holding my hand out to him. He looked at me for a few seconds wearily but put his hand in mine. I smiled at him and started walking forward.

It wasn't long until Louis sprayed us with silly string. I laughed and pulled them off Patrick and myself, narrowing my eyes at Louis. I held out my hand and Liam passed me the extra can he had as he sang. I leaned down to Patrick's ear

"Patrick, I have a job for you. Okay?" I asked and handed the can to him when he nodded hesitantly. "Spray Louis with this until it's empty. He won't say anything, I promise. Just have fun when you do." I said and nudged Patrick towards the unsuspecting Louis as he started singing his verse.

Patrick looked back at me wearily but I nodded and smiled at him encouragingly. He walked over to Louis until he was a little distance behind him and raised the can up, spraying Louis at the back of his neck.

It made Louis jerk forward and we laughed. He turned around, glaring and frowned when he didn't see anyone behind him but looked down when Patrick continued spraying. Patrick stopped once he saw Louis staring at him, his hand falling back down to his side.

Louis started laughing. Taking a handful of the strings from behind his neck, he ruffled them on Patrick's head. Seeing that everything is alright, Patrick cracked a small smile and started spraying Louis again but stopped when Louis hugged him, restraining Patrick against him with a laugh.

Patrick and Ameera were taken backstage soon so that we could continue with the concert. And when we arrived on the tour bus, we saw that it was only Tahira who was present. Neither Patrick nor Ameera could be seen anywhere.

"Where are the kids?" I asked as I sat beside her and she smiled slightly.

"They got tired and are sleeping at the moment." She said and cuddled into me with a barely audible sigh. I wrapped my arm around me her shoulders and pulled her close while the boys took their seats.

"Did you ask Patrick to attack me with silly string?" Louis asked me and I nodded with a chuckle.

"I thought it would help him loosen up a bit around you lads." I said and after a few seconds of narrowing his eyes at me suspiciously, Louis nodded, accepting my answer.

"He was terrified, you know. When they both came backstage. He thought I was going to punish him because Ameera ran on stage when he was supposed to be keeping her with him." Tahira said quietly and I sighed, rubbing my hand on her arm.

"I know... It really makes me wonder what he went through before we met him." I said and Liam frowned.

"Why did you tell him to keep Ameera backstage? We don't mind her coming on stage with us." Liam said and Tahira chuckled.

"Liam, trust me. You have no idea how demanding and cranky she's getting when she doesn't get what she wants." Tahira said and I chuckled.

"She's right. You boys have no idea how much Ameera crawled, either over us or between us in the middle of the night. She doesn't like being kept in her cot. And if you keep her in the cot, she'd crawl right back on the bed when she's awake." I said and they chuckled.

"Sounds like you'll have a demanding child and teenager on your hands once she grows up." Niall said but Tahira shook her head.

"Oh, no. Being demanding as a child is understandable. As a teenager? Absolutely not. She's going to have to learn that she can't get everything she wants. Same with any other child we have." Tahira said and they frowned.

"But why? I mean, I get what you're trying to say and completely agree, but wouldn't you want to spoil your kids?" Louis asked.

"Of course I'd like to spoil them, Louis. But what I'm saying is that spoiling children should be... within reason. Or just occasionally. But spoiling them rotten wouldn't do anyone any good. Think of it like my parents raised me." Tahira said and they looked like they were thinking about and then finally nodded. Louis but smirked and said with a chuckle.

"I'll still spoil her... Just a teensy bit less than before."

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)