Chapter 118

Harry's P.O.V

"Harry!"

I heard Tahira shout and panic seized me. I immediately ran towards the dressing room where she was.

"What ha-" I cut myself off when I saw exactly why Tahira had shouted for me.

Ameera was getting up on her feet, using the support from the couch and looked towards us with a smile. Tahira was sitting on her legs on the ground and I joined her there and raised my arms up.

"Come here, Ameera." I said and she smiled widely and let go of her hold on the couch and hesitantly took a step towards us. Tears pricked my eyes when I saw her take her first step. She took two steps more but started falling and I immediately moved forward, catching her before she hit the ground.

"I can't believe this." I whispered, pulling Ameera closer to me and Tahira gave me a smile, running her hand on Ameera's head.

"Me neither... She's growing up so fast." Tahira said and I nodded, placing a kiss to Ameera's head.

From then on, we'd occasionally make Ameera practise walking by holding her hands and keeping her feet on ours as we walked. Even on stage.

Because of the delay in the tour, it stretched till January and that was the month going on right now. It was the last few concerts of the tour. Louis' twenty seventh birthday and mine and Tahira's third anniversary was celebrated. Oh and did I mention that the boys sang 22 on Tahira's birthday? She wasn't amused. At all.

"She's a fast learner." Liam commented one night as Tahira was making Ameera practise how to walk backstage. I nodded, looking at them.

"She is." I said and that's when we were called on stage. "Ameera, c'mon. We got to go." I said, walking towards her and clapped my hand a once. She turned to look at me and I picked her up in my arms.

Ever since Ameera had started crawling, I had requested a microphone like the one Niall had for myself so that I had my hands free for her.

"Okay, everyone quiet down." I said, and motioned the fans to quiet down and in a few minutes they did. "Ameera has been practising her walking. Let's see her progress, shall we?" I asked and when the fans screamed, I quiet them down again.

Ameera was currently in Liam's arms and I sat down on my legs a little distance from them and raised my arms up.

"Ameera, come here." I said and she wriggled in Liam's arms. He gently put her down and she started walking towards me with a large smile on her face. When she was close, she fastened her pace and crashed into me, making me fall back down on the stage with a laugh and I wrapped my arms around her as she fell with me.

I heard the fans scream and the boys laugh with me while Ameera was looking at me with a grin on her face when I looked at her.

"And she wins!" I said into the mike and the fans screamed even more. I raised her up in the air while laying down and brought her down, placing a kiss to her cheek.

Before we knew it, the tour was over, I turned twenty five and Ameera turned one.

We had a large house party for it. Inviting all our friends to the house. Ameera was barely there with us the whole time.

She had taken a particular liking to Ed. Well, his hair mainly as she kept playing with it whenever he picked her up. Tahira was busy making sure everyone was having a good time while I kept an eye on wherever Ameera was being passed on from one person to the next since this was the first time all my friends had met her.

But the big surprise came when Niall proposed to Pooja.

Everyone had stood there shocked when Niall had suddenly gone down to one knee, an open box present in his hand. Not in the middle of the party, but near the small pond in the back garden while we all watched them shocked, but waiting for Pooja to react.

He said something to her when she stayed silent, frozen in shock like the rest of us but then she chuckled and a few tears fell down her face. She said something and in a second, Niall was spinning her around and a large smile was present on both their faces.

We cheered when we realised Pooja had said yes and their heads snapped towards us. They both blushed brightly when they saw us all watching and Pooja hid her face in Niall's chest while he tightened his arms around her but had a small smile on his lips.

We congratulated them when they walked back in. Niall receiving pats on his back while Tahira and Sophia had engulfed Pooja in a tight hug. But when Niall reached me, I just gave him a raised eyebrow.

"Really, Niall? At my daughters first birthday party?" I asked and he flushed. I chuckled. "Relax, mate. I'm just messing with you. Congratulations!" I said and gave him a hug which he returned with a laugh of his own.

"Thanks, lad. I've been carrying that ring for the past two months! You can't imagine how relieved I'm feeling right now." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Can I not?" I asked and that's when Tahira came up beside me with Ameera in her arms. I gave them a smile and wrapped my arm around Tahira's waist, pulling her close and Niall smiled at us.

"Yeah, you can." He said, doing the same to Pooja when she stepped up beside him.

"Harry, Ameera's getting tired. You want to cut the cake now or after she takes a nap?" Tahira asked me and I shrugged.

"Why delay it?" I asked and a voice rang.

"Cake time! Cake time! Out of the way everyone!" The crowd parted and Liam and Louis stepped up, pushing the princess cake we had ordered for Ameera towards us.

Ameera let out an excited sound from seeing the cake and we laughed at her adorable-ness. Walking towards the cake, Tahira picked up the plastic knife (in case Ameera played with it behind our back) and put it in Ameera's hand before putting her hand over hers and I engulfed both their hands in mine.

"On three. One, two, three." Liam said and on three, we sliced into the cake after blowing the candle on it as everyone started singing Happy Birthday.

I took some of the frosting that was stuck on the knife on my finger and held it out towards Ameera's mouth. She took it in her mouth and when I was sure she had taken all the frosting I pulled my finger out. She pouted, giving me a sad look and we chuckled. On the same time, Tahira and I placed a kiss on either of her cheeks while she gave out a large grin.

She was growing up so fast.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)