Chapter 148

Harry's P.O.V

"Dad? What are you doing?" I heard Patrick ask curiously and I looked at him in surprise through the mirror.

"What are you doing up so early, bud?" I asked and he looked down.

"I got hungry." He said and I motioned for him to come close and when he did, I picked him up and made him sit on the sink counter in my bathroom.

"We'll fetch you something as soon as I'm done here, okay?" I asked and he nodded. I returned to shaving my stubble (as I said, I aim to please my wife) and saw Patrick looking at me curiously.

"What are you doing, dad?" He asked and I chuckled, washing the foam off my razor.

"Shaving my small stubble. And when you're older, I'll show you how to do it too." I told him and he looked at the razor wearily

"Does it hurt?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No. You just," I trailed off as I revealed clean skin on the side of my face. "Have to be careful not to cut yourself." I finished and looked at him to see him looking at me curiously.

"No sudden movements." I told him and ruffled his bed hair with a smile. "I'll teach you everything you need to know. But when you grow up. Agreed?" I asked and his eyes lit up when I said 'teach' and he nodded eagerly. I chuckled in my mind at his eagerness to learn, but I was happy about it too.

"Should we wake mum up?" Patrick asked quietly as we exit the bathroom after I had finished shaving. I looked at the sleeping figure on the bed. After waking up for her prayer, Tahira hadn't been able to fall asleep for a good hour and a half. And she did just an hour ago.

"No. Let your mum sleep." I said before leading Patrick out of our room.

On our way to the kitchen, we had checked in on Ameera to see if she was awake as well but she was deeply asleep.

In the kitchen, I prepared a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Patrick's request and then prepared his milk while he had the sandwich.

"Aren't you going to have breakfast?" He asked and I nodded with a smile and rested my arms on the counter after passing his milk to him.

"I will, but with your mum when she wakes up." I said and he nodded, taking a gulp from his mug.

Patrick and I watched Cars after he was done with breakfast. To keep him amused, I made a comment here and there through the movie which got a smile from him and at times, a laugh. And it wasn't long until I felt arms wrap around my neck from behind the couch.

"Morning." Tahira said sleepily as she buried her face on the crook of her arm and I chuckled.

"Morning, darling. Couldn't sleep?" I asked the same time Patrick also greeted Tahira.

"Good morning, mum! Come join us!" He says enthusiastically and Tahira peeked at him.

"Coming." She said and stood up straight, unwrapping her arms from around me as she did. She bent down and to my surprise, she stood up straight with Ameera in her arms.

"Got something for you." She said and I chuckled and raised my arms up. She gave Ameera to me over the couch and then walked around it, sitting between Patrick and me. Ameera sat on my lap, looking at the TV with wide eyes while Patrick leaned against Tahira as she wrapped an arm around him.

"Has she had her breakfast?" I asked and Tahira nodded before resting her head on my shoulder.

"I fed it to her before coming here. Did you two have your breakfast?" She asked but Patrick replied to her before I could.

"I did, mum. Dad said he'll have his breakfast with you." He told her and Tahira raised her head up to look at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Did he now?" She asked, not taking her eyes off me and Patrick nodded. "Well then. I think we should fix that. Coming, Harry?" She asked me and I chuckled, nodding.

"I am famished." I said and Tahira blushed, detecting the double meaning I had deliberately added to the sentence. I placed Ameera on the couch as I stood up and Tahira followed my lead.

"We'll be right back, okay?" I told Patrick and he nodded.

Patrick's P.O.V

As mum and dad left the room, I got curious to what they were doing when I heard mum laugh. I stood up on the couch and turned around, peeking at them.

For a second, I got scared when I saw that dad had mum trapped against the kitchen counter between his arms but then I saw the small smiles on their lips. Mum took dad's face in her hands and said something which made dad grin before he placed a kiss to her forehead.

He pulled away then but kept mums hands in his as he did. He said something to which she nodded and they both moved from the counter. Mum got two mugs out from the cupboard and dad took the bread out of the fridge.

That's when I felt my shirt being tugged on. I looked down and saw my little sister looking at me with a pout and I sat back again beside her. She crawled on my lap and then pointed towards the movie.

"It's called Cars." I told her and she looked at me curiously before looking back at the TV. She started saying something in her own language. After a while, mum and dad joined us, steaming mugs in their hands and dad held a plate that had the toasts.

"Enjoying yourselves?" Mum asked as she sat on my left, dad doing the same on my right. I slowly nodded and they smiled.

Looking at them smiling at me, I knew I won't go through what I had before. I knew they'd take care of me like their own. I internally smiled brightly while I leaned against mum who wrapped her arm around my shoulders and I felt dad ruffle my hair again as Ameera made a happy sound.

This is my family.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: hey guys! Just wanted to tell you that there is only ONE chapter left before the epilogue... gosh I'm gonna miss updating this book. Comment, Vote and Follow :)