Chapter 56

Tahira's P.O.V

Ten minutes after the boys and Sophia reluctantly left with Preston, a nurse came in saying that I could go see Harry now.

The room he was moved in wasn't far from the waiting room, so I had reached it quicker than I would have liked to. 

Steeling myself before I walked into the room to see him, so that whatever I saw inside doesn't make me run out of the room... just in case.

Hesitantly, I opened the door; my breath caught itself in my throat, my hands covered my mouth as a tear fell down my cheek.

The person on the bed was bandaged up completely. A gauze was wrapped around his head, a spot of blood coming out on the forehead; dressed in the hospital gown. His left arm was placed in a cast that went up till his shoulders. Both hands were bandaged while his right arm was bandaged slightly but thankfully, not in a cast. His left leg was in a cast though. Probably broken by the impact of the bonnet with it.

A nurse was checking the heart monitor and the IV he was attached to. A tube in his nose, helping him to breath and my insides clenched when I realised this.

This broken person was my Harry. My Teddy.

The nurse finally caught sight of me, she opened her mouth, probably to send me away when her eyes went to my hand or more specifically, my ring before her face softened

"You can come in. It's going to be fine. He's just sleeping."

I nodded at her in thanks; the words not being capable of coming out of my mouth. I slowly walked toward the bed, the nurse pulled out a chair for me to sit on before leaving the room quietly. But my eyes didn't leave Harry's face.

It was bad of me to say, but right now I was so worried for him that I didn't care for the fact I wasn't supposed to be looking at him. Seeing him so broken, it scared me. He has always been strong. Taking emotional burdens on him he didn't need and surviving them with minimum scars. Physically at times, he was the strongest one out of the boys. But seeing him like this, it made that image seem like an illusion.

I sat on the chair, pulling it closer to the bed, and holding his bandaged hand in mine "Please wake up soon, Harry. We need you... I need you... Please." I whispered, resting my head on his hand lightly, but my eyes not leaving his face.

I felt a hand being placed on my head, rubbing it in care and my eyes fluttered open. When I looked up, I saw Anne giving me a slight smile. The sight made me immediately sit up

"Anne, you're here!" I said and she smiled "I just arrived. Why don't you go get something to eat for yourself, hm? It's getting pretty late." She said and my eyes landed on the clock. 10:45 PM, it read.

I shook my head, rubbing my eyes slightly "I'm not hungry. I'll get you something to eat." I said and she shook her head "I don't think I'll be able to eat anything right now."

That's when her eyes landed on my bloodstained clothes. Eyes widening she looked away "Why don't you go change? I'll sit here till then." I nodded, my back muscles protesting from the position I fell asleep in but I didn't make a sound.

Pulling out clothes from my suitcase, I went into the en suite bathroom the room had. I quickly scrubbed my skin, making sure I had no more blood on it, and quickly changed, making a hijab out of the dupatta as the hijab I was wearing before had blood on it.

When I came out, heads snapped towards me. The boys and Sophia were back from the concert, tears in their eyes as they looked at Harry's broken figure.

"How did it go?" I asked and they sighed "We managed. But we didn't tell them why Harry wasn't there." Louis said and I nodded.

We stayed quiet the whole time. None of us had anything to say to each other but our eyes only resting on the still figure on the bed.

"Excuse me, the visitation time is over. I'm afraid you'll have to leave." The nurse from the afternoon came in, the one who was checking Harry's heart monitor. The boys exchanged looks before looking at the nurse

"Can one of us stay with him at least?" Liam asked and she thankfully nodded.

"Only family is allowed to stay the night. The rest of you will have to leave." Our eyes landed on Anne and she nodded but then held her hand out towards me and I slowly took her hand in mine.

"I'd like her to stay with me."

I shook my head "But I'm not family, Anne. They won't allow me to stay." I said and she gave me a slight smile

"I already consider you as my second daughter. That makes you family." I blushed slightly and gave her a small smile.

That night, Anne slept on the small make-shift bed near the window after I had assured her I will be alright by sleeping on the chair. But in reality, sleep was the farthest thing on my mind.

I kept thanking Allah (God) that He kept Harry from dying in that accident. That He kept Harry from having worse injuries than broken bones. I don't know what I would've done if Harry woke up and didn't remember me.

I laid my head on the bed, next to his hand like I had done before but this time holding it than sleeping on it. Resting my head on the crook of my arm, "Goodnight, Harry." I whispered, letting my mind travel into oblivion as my closed my eyes shut.

-Five days later-

It's been five days, yet I didn't move from the chair I was sitting on; except for emergencies.

According to the doctor, Harry was showing impressive progress in his recovery but I still hadn't seen the green in his eyes I secretly adored.

My appetite was gone, but Anne had always forced me to eat something whenever she went to get lunch, like she was gone now. My parents, they thankfully understood why I missed my flight, saying they'll look for a flat in London for me.

I was telling Harry about a story I had once read, my small hands encasing his big one as much as I could, but I sighed in the end

"Five days you've been lying here, Harry. Sometimes, I keep wondering if you're still alive, but that monitor keeps reassuring me of that... that you're still here... The boys are gone... They couldn't cancel the concerts... And your mom, Harry. She's out of her mind in worry for you."

I sighed but then smiled, remembering something

"You know that ball Louis was holding? It was such a great success. The children had so much fun... You should've seen it." I rubbed my thumb on the back of his hand "Everyone is missing you so much, Harry... I can't even begin to tell you... how much I miss you..." A tear fell down at our hands and that's when I realised I was crying again.

"You know, I had the craziest dream..."

——————————————————————————————————————————— 

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)