Chapter 121

Harry's P.O.V

My eyes widened when Tahira said the name.

"Amber? As in the queen bee Amber?" I asked in confirmation and she nodded.

"She's the only one with that surname. But why would she do this? She was dating Max in school." Tahira said with a frown and I did the same.

"David once said she always wanted her fifteen minutes of fame. But if she did get pregnant, wouldn't that son be Max's? What if he left her when he found the truth?" I asked and Tahira hm'ed.

"That's a possibility... Maybe Max did leave her when he found out she was pregnant but refused to aid her and their son. You're the only one she knows who could give a child financial security without getting a dent in your bank account." Tahira said and I frowned, thinking of that possibility.

It could be true...

"But why this route? She could have just asked to meet up with us." I said and Tahira raised an eyebrow at me.

"Would you have agreed to meet her if she suddenly turned up? I guess she thought there wasn't any other way to meet you." Tahira said and I frowned.

"We'll just discover what's this all about tomorrow." I said and hugged her to me again.

"Harry? What are you doing?" I heard Tahira ask just as I punched the punching bag. I turned around towards her, panting slightly from boxing for the past few hours. Sweat glistened my face and my tank top was drenched in it.

"Nothing, love. Just exercising." I said, taking my hands out of the boxing gloves and wiped the sweat from my face with a face towel. She walked over to me with a frown.

"Harry, do you realise what's the time right now? How long have you been awake?" Tahira asked me as she cupped my cheek while I sighed.

"I couldn't sleep the whole night. What are you doing up?" I asked and she frowned even more.

"It was the time for my prayer. I noticed you weren't there when I woke up. What's bothering you?" She asked me and I cupped her hand that was on my cheek.

"It's just this whole court thing. I can't stop thinking about it." I said and she sighed. She pulled her hand away and took both of my hands in hers.

"Let's go get you some sleep. We have a long day ahead." Tahira said and I let her drag me out of the gym we had in our house.

I took a bath to get rid of the smell that had started coming off the drying sweat on my skin and tank top.

When I walked back into our room, Tahira was checking on Ameera who was sleeping in her cot and looked up at me when she noticed me standing there.

"C'mon, let's get you some sleep." Tahira said and I nodded, inwardly wondering if I could actually fall asleep now despite my previous tries.

She got on bed and to my surprise, pat her lap while she sat on the bed and slowly, I complied; resting my head on her lap. Her hand came up in my hair, running her fingers through it and I closed my eyes with a soft sigh.

"Aren't you going back to sleep?" I asked her after a few seconds, opening my eyes to look at her. She was giving me a soft smile.

"I will. I'm not the one who stayed awake the whole night. I'll sleep after you do." She said but shook her head when I frowned at her. "Sleep, Harry." She ordered softly, closing my eyes with her other hand. And to my surprise, she started singing softly, running her hand through my hair again, massaging my scalp once in a while; just like she did on the plane ride to Bali.

I internally smiled, feeling my mind relax from it's turmoil and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

"Everything is going to be fine. There's nothing to worry about. We can get a DNA test don-"

"Hey." I said softly, putting my hands over Tahira's which were adjusting the lapels of the jacket I was wearing and stopping her worried rant. She sighed and rested her forehead on my chest, her hands still gripping the lapels and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"Don't worry, love. Everything is going to be fine. We have the proof and witnesses. There's nothing to worry about." I said, repeating her words and she sighed again.

"I know. I don't know why I'm worrying over this." She said and I placed a kiss to her crown, rubbing a hand on her back.

"Is Ameera ready?" I asked to distract her and she nodded.

"I'll go get her." She said and pulled away from me, walking upstairs towards Ameera's room.

She came down a minute later with Ameera in her arms and despite the serious moment, I mentally awed at how cute Ameera looked.

She was wearing a white dress that reached till half way below her knees, a bronze-gold bow was resting in the middle of her dress; on her stomach. Small white shoes on her feet and a white headband was keeping her shoulder length curls from her face.

She gave me a toothy smile once she saw me standing there and leaned forward once Tahira had walked over to me and I took her up in my arms.

"Is it just me or she's looking extremely cute today?" I asked and Tahira chuckled.

"I tried to achieve that." She said and I chuckled. Ameera poked her fingers in my cheek, looking at me with wide eyes when I looked at her, her mouth slightly parted but then she suddenly smile widely.

She made a happy sound as she pat my cheek. Before she could do it again, I took her hand in mine and pretended to eat it which made her squeal in surprise but then she giggled, making both Tahira and I smile widely at the sound of it.

Until now, I thought only Tahira could really distract me from the problem at hand. But looking at my daughter in my arms who was smiling widely at me, so much that her teeth were showing, I knew Tahira wasn't alone now. Having Ameera in my arms with her smiling and laughing,

It was all that I needed in life.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)