Chapter 124

Harry's P.O.V

Tahira's eyes widened slightly and a small blush came on her cheeks. She cleared her throat lightly when she saw me giving her an expectant look. But to my disappointment, she shook her head.

"We can't right now, Harry." She said but I gave her a raised eyebrow "Why not?" I asked and she gave me a look.

"You and I both know how demanding Ameera is these days. What kind of a fuss you think she'd make if suddenly all our attention was on our new baby? And not only that, it's better for mothers to have babies with a three year gap in between the kids." Tahira said I gave her a look.

"Mum had Gemma and me with a two year gap." I said and she flushed but shook her head again.

"Try to understand, Harry. We can't try for another kid right now." Tahira said again and I internally sighed. I knew this was going to need persuation on my part.

"But darling, just imagine it. You, Ameera and me; all three of us together with our new baby in your arms." I said as I tucked her hair behind her ear before running the pad of my thumb on her cheek softly, knowing how much she loved it when I did that. She sighed and closed her eyes before letting out a breath.

"It's a tempting image you're putting in my mind, Harry. But we can't. Try to understand that, please." Tahira said again and I moved forward so that my mouth was right in front of her ear. She shivered slightly as my breath caressed it.

"Just think about it. Years later, we'll have our two excited babies jumping on us on the bed, trying to wake us up early in the morning. And didn't you say you wanted Ameera to have a sibling?" I whispered in her ear and she nodded after a seconds hesitation.

"I still want Ameera to have a sibling. But Harry, we really can't try for another child right now." Tahira said and I sighed.

Deciding to chance tactics, I started running the tip of my nose on the length of her neck. I felt her breath hitch in her throat as I did that.

"Oh-! Harry, don't do this." She breathed out with a surprised gasp when I started prepping small kisses to the side of her neck.

"Say yes, darling." I whispered and she groaned softly. Thinking I had won, I didn't expect the words she said next.

"I'm on my period." She breathed out and dropped her forehead against my collarbone while I froze, my eyes widening slightly. But with a sigh of defeat, I rested my head against her neck.

"Since when?" I asked and she sighed.

"This morning. Before we left." She said and I wrapped me arms around her waist, pulling her closer while her arms wrapped around my chest.

"Is that why you're saying we can't try for another baby right now?" I asked and felt her nod against my neck.

"That, and what I said before too." She replied and I sighed.

"Why didn't you just say so?" I asked and she chuckled slightly.

"Because it's so not embarrassing to tell your husband that you're on your period while he's talking about trying for another kid." She said with a little sarcastic tone and I chuckled.

"Alright. Granted it's a bit embarrassing when you put it like that, but how about after?" I asked but she shook her head.

"I'm serious on what I said before. Three year gap between the kids. We can start trying after Ameera turns two." She said and I sighed because her voice told me she didn't want to argue about it further.

I picked my head up from where it was resting against her neck and leaned back on the couch. Tahira also moved, resting her forehead against my neck while I placed a hand behind her head, running my fingers through her hair and she let out a soft sigh.

-Two weeks later-

Tahira's phone started ringing, waking me up in the process and I groaned before calling out.

"Tahira! Your phone!" I shouted and heard her muffled voice shout back.

"I'm in the shower! Can you see who it is!?" She shouted and I grabbed her phone, checking the caller ID.

"It's Pooja!" I told her.

"Can you see what she wants!? I can't come out right now!" She called and with a sigh, I picked up the call and brought it to my ear. But before I even had the chance to say 'Hello', Pooja started rambling.

"Tahira, mujhe tumhari maddad chahiye aur main is mamle mein kuch nahi sunna chahti. Tum meri maddad kar rahi ho. Samjhi?" (Tahira, I need your help and I don't want to hear anything in this matter. You are helping me. Understand?) I chuckled.

"I didn't understand a word except for my wife's name. Hi, Pooja." I said and heard silence from the other side but it only lasted for a second.

"Oh, hey, Harry. Sorry, I thought you were Tahira. Is she there by any chance?" Pooja asked.

"She's in the shower. Can't come out right now. Did you need anything from her?" I asked and heard her sigh.

"It's nothing really... I just need someone to help me with these designs I've made. See if it actually looks good on someone." Pooja said. I didn't mention before but Pooja was learning fashion designing in college.

"You want her to model for you?" I asked in surprise and heard her chuckle.

"Not really. I just want to see if it'll look good on people. Not only on paper. I'll keep thinking something's wrong if I try it on myself so that's why I wanted a second opinion." She said and I chuckled.

"Why didn't you just ask Niall?" I asked and heard her chuckle too.

"You honestly think Niall would try on woman's clothing? And he's not really interested in this anyway. I've already asked for his opinion but got no proper response." She asked and I laughed out loud.

"Yeah, I'll ask her." I said and that's when Tahira stepped out of the bathroom, looking at me confused "If she doesn't be stubborn about it." I added and she raised an eyebrow at me while Pooja chuckled.

"What did she refuse to do now?" Pooja asked, knowing her best friend really well. I decided to put my wife on the spot and gave her a smirk.

"I just gave out a good idea two weeks ago that we should try for another kid. She's not relenting." I said and Tahira gaped at me and jumped on the bed, trying to steal her phone away while Pooja's laughter came out of it.

"Sorry, Harry. But I can't help you there." I heard Pooja say before Tahira stole her phone from me and put it on her ear.

"Hi, was there something you needed?" Tahira asked and smacked my hand away when I reached for her, giving me a glare. "Uh... Yeah. Okay, I'll do it." Tahira continued and then a blush came on her cheeks.

"Baad mein bataongi." (Tell you later.)

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: hey everyone! I just wanted to tell you that I'll be gone for a few days. Don't know when I'll be able to come back online but it'll be soon. Comment, Vote and Follow :)