Chapter 113

Harry's P.O.V

"Aw, you're going?" Louis asked Ameera when we told them the next day about it. Though they still had a month and few days before they left, all the boys were acting as if they were leaving tomorrow.

Ameera was only focused on the strings that were hanging off the hoodie Louis was wearing. Her hand reached up and she took hold of it, pulling it down which made us laugh.

"It's only for a while, Louis. My family hasn't met Ameera as yet." Tahira said and Louis nodded in understanding.

"Hm. And how are they faring without this little cutie?" Louis asked and Tahira laughed.

"They're faring fine, Louis. I'll add something to this after we return." Tahira said and they laughed.

"But when is it happening though?" Liam asked.

"Around twenty-first to twenty-fourth August." Tahira said and Niall lit up.

"We have break then! Maybe we'll join you!" He exclaimed and Louis smiled brightly.

"There's no maybe about it, Nialler. We will join you. Though now that I think about it, we still haven't been to your hometown." Louis said and Niall and I chuckled.

"We have. It's a nice place. But you really should see her grandparents house! We'll be staying there again wouldn't we?" Niall asked and Tahira nodded with a chuckle.

"Yes. It's not like Dadi would let you all stay in a hotel." Tahira said making Niall and I smile but Liam and Louis looked at us confused.

"Who is Dadi?" Liam asked and took Ameera from Louis, making him protest but he let Liam take her.

"My grandmother. That's what we call our fathers mothers in India." Tahira said they both nodded.

If I said that the next month passed in a blur, I would be partly lying.

Ameera had slowly started teething and that caused a lot of cries from her throughout the day. She even got a fever but it got over in two days to our relief. We'd always try to distract her from the pain and it would work for a few seconds but then she'd start crying again.

The lights at concerts would distract her for a good while at times. I'd make her sit on my lap with one hand on her stomach to keep her balanced while the other held the microphone as she looked at the lights in the crowd with wide eyes.

And we even got a large smile from her when the fireworks went off. She'd start bouncing in my arms from excitement and it made me laugh at her delight when she did.

Though now Ameera could stay away from me for a longer period of time, I'd still bring her with me on stage. But it also made me nervous on how we both would fare after Tahira took her to India. My baby withdrawals for her would trouble me so much.

But I also knew that for Tahira, this was something special for Ameera as it was her first Eid and I knew that Tahira didn't want Ameera to miss a proper celebration for it. So I didn't say anything regarding it or stop them from going.

There was one time I found them both asleep on the bunk we had given to Ameera on the bus. Tahira had her hand on Ameera's stomach as a male voice rang through Tahira's phone which rested above them. The song he was singing was on repeat; one of Tahira's old favourites, I recalled a while later and chuckled.

I turned it off and placed the phone back where it was. Creeping quietly into my bunk after I had closed the curtain to Ameera's, but not before telling the boys that it's off limits, I did what the two underneath my bunk were doing. Sleep.

Though it didn't come easily to me.

I laid there awake in the bunk, tossing and turning every few minutes thinking that another position might help me sleep but no luck. And once the clock on my phone told me that it's two in the morning, I thought to hell with it.

I got out of my bunk and pulled back the curtain of Ameera's. They were sleeping in the same position, though Ameera was now laying on her side facing Tahira. I debated whether I should move Ameera up or wake Tahira but then decided to do the easy thing.

Carefully picking up Ameera, I transferred her to my bunk, putting pillows around her so that she didn't fall. As soon as I was sure of that arrangement, I got into her bunk and wrapped my arms around Tahira's waist, burying my nose at the junction of where her neck and shoulder met.

She stirred a bit from my sudden weight but her arm came over my chest, hugging me close to her and I smiled. Closing my eyes, I finally fell asleep.

"Harry? Where's Ameera?" Was the first thing I heard. Well, it woke me up. My head jerked up slightly, my eyes barely open as I looked at Tahira who was frowning at me.

"Huh? Oh, she's in our bunk." I said hoarsely and resumed my previous position against her neck.

"And what may I ask is she doing there?" Tahira asked and I groaned under my breath.

"I couldn't sleep." I said and heard her sigh.

"Well, you need to move anyway. I need out." She said and this time, I groaned out loud.

"What time is it?" I asked and she chuckled, her phones light showing her face in the darkness of the bunk.

"It's four thirty." She said and I blinked at her.

"In the morning? Oh God, let me sleep." I groaned and she chuckled.

"You sleep but I need out, Harry." She said and I slowly complied. I got out of the bunk but crawled right back in after she climbed out.

"Come back soon." I said as I settled my head on the pillow and heard her chuckle.

"Just sleep, Harry."

"Why do you think I exchanged bunks with Ameera in the first place?" I asked and she blushed slightly.

"Alright... I'll come back as soon as I can. Okay?" She asked and I nodded with a small smile.

"Okay."

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)