Chapter 137

Harrys P.O.V

Tahira and I took our place on the free couch and I started the story.

"Well, it's not really a question of 'why'. We met this boy, Patrick, a few weeks ago and we kind of just... Grew attached to him more when we went to visit him yesterday in the orphanage he's in." I said and Liam raised his eyebrows.

"You met him weeks ago and met him again yesterday?" He asked and we nodded.

"When Ameera fell ill, my thoughts kept wondering around him because he was emotionally traumatised and frail when we met him... And I just wanted to see if he was doing well in his new orphanage." Tahira said and a little understanding looks came on their faces.

"How did you meet him though? And did you say 'new orphanage'?" Louis asked and slowly, we nodded.

"We actually met him in court..." I trailed off when I saw their expressions turning into horror and quickly started telling them the whole story. Their eyes kept widening, disbelief increasing in them more as Tahira and I told them the whole story. From getting the legal notice, to signing the papers today.

"So much happened and you both didn't even bother dropping a single hint about this to us?" Niall asked and I looked down.

"We were already very shocked with the news, Niall. We didn't want any of you to be as stressed as we were about this." Tahira said but everyone stayed quiet which made Tahira sigh. "Tell me, if you were going what we went through then, would you have told any of us? And think carefully before you give an answer." She said and they frowned. Soon, Liam sighed.

"Alright, you have a point there, Tahira. So when do we get to meet this Patrick?" He asked and Tahira and I exchanged looks.

"I don't know, Liam. But we're going to request that the adoption procedure is finished before we leave for tour. We're still getting him a bit used to us." I said and they nodded.

"By the way, Harry. We have an interview tomorrow." Liam said and I frowned.

"What for?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Niall, Liam, can you tell us how soon will we hear wedding bells for you both?" The interviewer, Alice asked and Niall flushed.

"You'll be hearing mine in September." Niall said and Alice's eyes widened.

"You're getting married?" She asked and Niall nodded.

"I am." He said and the crowd that was gathered in the studio screamed making him blush while we chuckled.

"And what about you, Liam?" Alice asked and Liam shrugged.

"When the time comes, it'll come." Liam replied and Alice turned her attention on Louis.

"You've been single for a while now, Louis. Being the eldest, how does it make you feel about that?" Alice asked and Louis frowned.

"I'm happy for the lads. The girls they have are everything they deserve and more. And about me being single, only time will tell when that changes. But I hope it does soon." Louis said and Alice nodded, turning her attention towards me.

"Harry, how's your married life and fatherhood going?" She asked and I grinned.

"Both are going great, Alice. Thanks for asking." I said and she smiled.

"Everyone I know is really curious about this, but when was the last time you and Tahira had a fight? If you don't mind me asking." She asked and I frowned, thinking.

"Uh... I think it was about two years ago..." I trailed off, looking at Tahira in the crowd for confirmation and she nodded, looking down at Ameera on her lap. I saw Alice's eyes bulge out.

"Two years ago? That's actually long. How do you both manage it?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Because all the arguments that we could have had were solved before Tahira and I were even engaged. We used to argue then because of our difference in opinions. But since we solved those issues, there's really no need for us to fight for no reason. And if we do have a problem, we just talk to each other about it." I said and she nodded in understanding.

"That's true. If she could, would you ask your wife to wear dresses in public, Harry? I mean all those designer gowns." Alice said and I shook my head quickly, eyes widening slightly.

"It wouldn't be good for anyone." I said and the crowd laughed. When I looked at Tahira, she was blushing, knowing why I said that. The boys were laughing beside me too while Alice was giving me raised eyebrows.

"Can you elaborate that?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Well, it's either the men that look at her when she's like that get beat up by me, or it's that I lock her up in our house. There's really no inbetween." I said with a straight face and the crowd awed.

"You sound possessive." Alice commented and I shrugged.

"When it comes to her, I'm always possessive." I said and everyone laughed. Alice turned her attention towards the other boys then, obviously done questioning me.

I looked at Tahira for a second but frowned when I saw her talking to Ameera, who was pouting sadly. Tahira's head looked up at me and I raised an eyebrow in question to which she rolled her eyes.

She pointed at Ameera, then pointed at me. It took me a second to understand, but when I did, I chuckled. I motioned with my hand to let Ameera come and she gave me a weary look but complied with a sigh after a few seconds.

As soon as Ameera was free from Tahira's hold, she ran towards me as fast as she could with her small legs. I rubbed my hand on her head with a smile once she reached the couch we were on and I looked at Alice

"I hope you don't mind that she's joining us on stage. It's either this or have a crying baby in the studio." I said with a chuckle and everyone laughed.

"I had heard she doesn't like being away from you for long." Alice said and I chuckled again, resting my hand on Ameera's back so that she didn't run off somewhere else. She looked up at me at that gesture with wide eyes and I chuckled again. Picking her up, I placed her on my lap, wrapping my arms around her stomach as Alice continued with the interview.

Ameera placed her small hands on my arms. When I looked down at her, I saw her looking curiously at my tattoos. Tahira and I had gotten my mermaid one removed once we discovered we were about to have a girl.

It hurt, but the thought of Ameera asking me what a naked mermaid was doing on my arm made that pain bearable. I wouldn't have been able to answer that question and Tahira said she wasn't going to help me with that answer either. So getting it removed was the only option I had.

I just hoped I never have to answer that question in the future either.

———————————————————————————————————————————

AN: Comment, Vote and Follow :)