Chapter 16

The normal writing between the flashback would be the present time.

———————————————————————————————————————————

Harry's P.O.V

I immediately jumped from my chair and started pacing, an occasional 'No, no, no.' escaping my lips. I could see Omar looking at me a bit confused and my head snapped towards him.

"Please tell me you're joking." I said but he shook his head and went behind the desk. He pulled out one of the drawers while I pulled my hair out of its roots. Me? Married to Tahira? She's promised to me?

"You know, they were inseparable as kids but now, it's like they are strangers to each other's existence." Omar said as he pulled out a photo album but I froze.

"What?" I breathed out and felt my eyes widen. He shook his head smiling.

"She used to call him 'Teddy' and he used to call her-"

"'Ladybug'." I whispered. I felt my body fall down on the chair behind me and my face fell in my hands.

Ladybug. Ladybug. Tahira is Ladybug.

I felt my mind drift off to when I saw her the first time.

*Flashback*

The two year old me sat on my mummy's hip as she walked through the hospital door. My daddy's friend had a baby and since no one was home, mummy didn't want to leave me alone in the house. "Hi, Sara." Mummy said as she opened the door to the room and I saw aunty Sara lying on the bed.

"Aunty Sawa!" I shouted as soon as I saw her and wriggled in mummy's hold. They both laughed and mummy set me on the bed and I gave aunty Sara a big kiss on the cheek while she ruffled my hair. "Hey, big boy! How are you?"

I grinned "Good! Do you have chocolates fow me!?"

"Harry!" My mummy chided while aunty Sara chuckled. "Not today, Harry. But I promise next time, okay?" I just nodded and looked around the room. My eyes fell on the cot and I looked at it confused before pointing towards it.

"Is baby?" I asked and they both nodded. "You want to see her?" I nodded enthusiastically and mummy picked me up again.

When we saw inside the cot, there lay a baby with a red face and black hair but only her face was visible from the blankets.

"She's precious, Sara." I shook my head at mummy. "She bug!" I said and they both looked at me. Mummy shook her head.

"She's a lady, Harry." I looked at mummy confused.

"She small. Bug, no baby. She... She ladybug!" I concluded and they both laughed again while mummy just kissed my forehead in laughter.

Another memory came to me.

"Teddy?" I grumbled in my sleep as someone shook me. "Hawwy!?" I felt the person shake me harder. When I opened my eyes sleepily, I saw a two year old Tahira crying.

"What's wrong, Ladybug?" I asked as I slowly sat up on my bed and pat the empty space beside me. She struggled a bit to get on so I grabbed her arms and pulled her on the bed. My parents had to leave for an emergency so they left me with uncle Omar and aunty Sara. Gemma was sleeping at her friends until they came back.