Chapter 02

It was the time of the morning, the cool breeze of morning was playing with the flowers, and the sun was also shining on them. There was silence all around the college because students were in the classroom and some were in the library. Sobbing was echoing in the corridor and the crying could be heard but no one was there to hear the crying and sobbing of the poor soul. It was Avni who was crying leaning to the door. Avni opened her eyes. She thought and wiped her eyes.

Avni: yeh waqt aansoo bahane ka nahi hai, Avni, balke rasta dhundhne ka hai. Yahan se bahar jane ka koi aur rasta to hoga na. Yeh lab hai yahan koi window zaror hogi.

Avni wiped her tears and she got up. Avni started to find the way and she tried to open the window but it was jammed. Avni put her all efforts but no use. Avni went to the second window and she tried to open it. Avni grinned her lips and tried hard and the window opened. Avni smiled to see it. Avni went to get her things. Avni grabbed her things then she went to the window and went out from there.

On the other side, Neil and his friends were sitting in the classroom and were busy in giving the paper. Actually, others were giving exams and Neil and his friends were passing the time. Avni came there and stopped at the door. She was panting.

Neil and his friends were shocked to see her. They looked at each other.

Avni: Ma’am… may… I… come in.

Ma’am looked at her watch.

Ma’am: Miss Avni, you are 20 minutes late.

Avni gulped.

Avni: please ma’am, let me come inside.

Ma’am: rules are rules, you are late so you are not allowed.

Avni was shocked and Juhi smirked.

Avni: please, ma’am.

Another ma’am came.

Ma’am 2: what happened, Ma’am?

Ma’am:  Asha Ma’am, she is 20 minutes late and now she wants to attempt the paper.

Ma’am Asha: Ma’am, let her sit, she is a bright student.

Ma’am: but.

Ma’am Asha: please.

Ma’am looked away.

Ma’am Asha: Avni, how did you get late?

Avni looked at Juhi because she was the one who asked Avni that Ma’am was calling her. Avni understood Juhi planned to trap her. Ma’am Asha followed Avni’s gaze and saw Juhi. Juhi avoided eye contact and she looked at her paper.

Avni: Actually, Ma’am.

Ma’am: let it be, Avni. Go and start your paper; already you are late.

Avni smiled.

Avni: Thank you, Ma’am.

Avni looked at Ma’am Asha.

Avni: Thank you.

Ma’am Asha blinked her eyes and asked Avni to go.

Ma’am Asha: All the best.

Avni: thank you, Ma’am.

Avni went to her seat and sat. Avni saw the time on her water and it showed 09:28 am. Avni was shocked. She started her paper.

Avni was writing the paper and her hands were shaking. Her eyes were teary. Avni wipes her tears. She was writing and she sobbed. Neil looked at her and saw her wiping her eyes. Neil felt bad. Vidyut and KK also feel bad for her. Neil looked down. Avni’s vision got blurred because of tears. Avni wiped her tears. She sighed and resumed writing. The bell rang and Avni was shocked. The teacher was taking the paper from all. She came to Avni.