Chapter 04

It was the time of the morning of winter, today, the sun was on rest and the weather was increasing the beauty of the garden of Mehta's house and inside it, two families were sitting in the living area. Avni was shockingly looking at the boy.

Lady: Neil.

Neil was looking at his Bebe and then he looked at Avni who was looking at him as she got a 440-volt shock. Neil lowered his eyes and then he looked at Avni. Neil thought.

Neil in mind: yeh mujhe dekh kar ase shock kyun ho gai hai jaise isay 440-volt ka jhatka laga ho.

Neil lowered his eyes and thought then he smiled.

Neil in mind: ab jhatka to lagega hi na, akhir The Neil Khanna. The Neil Khanna is ke ghar rishta le kar aya hai. Yeh koi choti baat nahi hai. Girls usually drool over you. After all, you are Neil Khanna.

Neil smiled and he looked at Avni who was still looking at him shockingly.

Neil in mind: as expected.

Neil smiled. Avni was looking at Neil.

Avni in mind: yeh hai, larka?

Avni was in shock. She was not able to digest the reality. Avni saw Prakash and got another shock. Avni looked at Neil.  It was the time of the winter but she was sweating.

Bebe: Ab, Neil ko to tum janti hogi na, beta. Neil bata raha tha. Tum dono classmates ho.

Avni was still in shock. Neela Maa frowned.

Bebe: Avni beta?

Ashish and Dayawanti Mehta got worried. Neela maa shook Avni. Avni came out of shock. Neela maa smiled fakely.

Nm: Avni, bacha, dadi ji kuch puch rahi hain.

Bebe: sab mujhe Bebe bulate hain tum bhi mujhe Bebe bula sakti ho.

Avni smiled slightly. She looked at Neil and then she looked down.

Prakash: Ji, Bebe, Avni, Neil ki classmate hai. Waise, Avni, beta, mujhe pata chala hai ke tum kuch dino se college nahi arahi. Kya baat hai?

Avni remained silent.

Ashish: woh, is ki tabiyat kuch theek nahi thi is liye, ab se aaegi.

Avni looked at Ashish and she smiled. Neil shook his head but then he looked at Avni. Neil smiled.

Neil was looking at Avni and he thought about how he talked to his parents about Avni.

Flashback:

It was the time of the day, Neil came home and he stopped to see his father standing in the living area with his mother and grandmother. He was surprised to see his father but he was also thankful to God to see his father.

Neil in mind: thank God, Dad is at home, now I can talk to him about Avni.

Neil was looking at his father and he looked up and closed his eyes to pray.

Neil in mind: God, please help me.

Neil opened his eyes.

Neil: Please, bacha lena, God.

Neil looked at his father and gulped but he got the courage to see his mother and Bebe. He was sure that they would save him. Neil was still looking at them and was giving himself moral support in a low voice.

Neil: come on, Neil, you can do it.

Neil did warm up by jumping and moving his neck left and right.

Neil: come on, Neil, come on. You can do it.