Chapter 43

It was the nighttime, the moon was shining over the mansion and it peeked itni Avneil’s room where Avni was sitting on the bed and was covered with the duvet. Avni was lost in her thoughts.

Neil came to the room and locked the door. Avni came out of her thoughts and she looked at the door. Avni thought.
Neil came to the bed and Avni looked at him. Neil layed on the bed in a Fowler’s postion. Avni kept her head and hand on Neil’s chest and Neil captured Avni in his arms. Neil caressed Avni’s hair.

Neil: Kya howa? Kya soch rahi ho? Aaj ke incident ke bare main?

Avni nodded and said, hmm.

Avni: Zindagi bhi kitni ajeeb. Kis pal kya ho jaye kuch pata nahi hai. Kuch ghante pehle tak Bharav Singh jail main tha aur ab…

Avni stopped. Neil nodded.

Neil: isi ka naam zindagi hai. Har pal ek naya imtihan. Har din ek nayi kasauti aur achanak ek din sab khatam.

Avni nodded.

Avni: Mama ke time bhi asa hi howa. Hum to sath main time spend karne ghar se nikle the. Mama bilkul theek thi. Bilkul theek. Lekin jan hum wapis aye to…

Avni’s eyes got moist. Neil sighed.

Neil: Neela Maa ke sath jo howa woh ghalat howa. Bohat ghalat. Un ka murder howa. Woh innocent thi lekin Bharav Singh. Bharav Singh ek criminal tha. Usay apne kiye ki saza mili.

Avni thought.

Neil: Jo kuch bhi howa us main ghalti un ki apni thi. Woh apne ghamand, ehankar main itna andha ho gaya tha ke kya sahi hai kya ghalat usay kuch dikhai hi nahi de raha tha.

Avni nodded.

Avni: Sahi kaha. Usay to apne kiya ki saza mili. Lekin Mama ki kya ghalti thi. Unho ne to kabhi kisi ka bura nahi kiya tha. Phir woh kyun chali gai.

Neil sighed.

Neil: Woh ek pure soul thi. Bohat masoom thi. Shayad isi liye God ne unhe apne pass bola liya. Unhe bhi to ache logon ki zarorat hai aur shayad isi liye bhi ke unhe zariya bana kar Ashish Mehta ka parda fash kiya ta ke tum Ashish Mehta ko saza dilwa kar bohat se innocents ko justice dilwa sako aur bohat se innocents ki zindagi barbad hone se bacha sako.

Avni looked at Neil by raising her head. Neil also looked at Avni and nodded. Neil cupped Avni’s face and kissed her forehead. Avni felt a peace and then they looked at each other. Avni again rested her head and adjusted it while closing her eyes. Neil kissed Avni’s hair and sighed.

Some days passed and Neil and the Khanna family were used to visit Avni from time to time. Avni had become a hurdle for the crinimals and powerful people. Avni was performing her duty with honesty and bravery.

One day, the commissioner was sitting in his officer and an envelope was in his hands. He was looking at the envelope and thinking. He heard a knock on the door and he looked at the door. Commissioner sighed.

Commissioner: come in.

The door opened and Avni came inside. Avni saluted the commissioner who nodded and replied to her. Avni noticed the tension at commissioner’s face.

Avni: Sir, aap ne bulaya.

The commissioner looked at the envelope and Avni also saw the envelope. The commissioner passed the envelope to Avni who frowned.

Commissioner: Hmm.

Avni took the envelope and looked at it. Avni looked at the commissioner and then she looked at the envelope. Avni opened the envelope and took out the letter. Avni looked at the commissioner again who was looking down and he was looking sad. Avni opened the letter and she was shocked to see the letter. Avni looked at the commissioner and then she looked at the letter.