Chapter 16

Money cannot buy happiness.

It was the time of evening, the birds were hovering over the Mehta house and the sun peeked into the Mehta house where Neela Maa was standing in Avni's room and Avni was standing in front of her. Neela Maa was shocked to see Avni who was looking at her. Avni saw her phone in her mother's hand and Neela Maa followed her gaze. Neela Maa was shocked and she looked at Avni who looked at her suspiciously. Neela Maa set her hair.

Nm: Main. Main bus ase hi dekh rahi thi?

Avni raised her eyebrows. Neela Maa avoided eye contact. Avni looked at her suspiciously. Avni forwarded her hand and Neela Maa was shocked. Neela Maa looked at the phone and then she looked at Avni. Neela Maa gave the phone to Avni who looked at her. Neela Maa was looking at Avni worriedly. Avni checked the phone and opened the call log. Avni was surprised and she looked at Neela Maa who was looking worried. Avni looked at the phone and the last call was from an unknown number. Avni looked at Neela Maa.

Avni: Aap ko kisi ko call karna tha?

Neela Maa was surprised.

Nm: Hmm?

Avni: Aap ko kisi se baat karni thi?

Neela was confused and she thought.

Neela Maa in mind: Lagta hai Number delete ho gaya tha?

Neela Maa thought.

Flashback:

Neela Maa cut the call and she thought.

Nm: Agar Avni ne Neil ka number dekh liya to? Phir to meri khair nahi hai.

Neela Maa thought and she looked at the phone.

Nm: Yeh number kaise delete karte hain?

Neela Maa tried and delete the number from call log.

Nm: Delete ho to gaya hai ab bus kahin history main na ho.

Neela Maa sighed and smiled.

Flashback ended.

Neela Maa was lost.

Avni: Maa?

Neela Maa came out of her thoughts and looked at Avni who was looking at her.

Nm: Ab, na. nahi, kisi se baat nahi karni thi. Bus Yahan phone para dekha to socha dekh lun thora.

Avni: To is main sochna kya hai? Dekhiye. Aiye, main aap ko sikhati hun.

Neela maa smiled and Avni went to sit on the head side of the bed. Neela Maa sighed and smiled. Neela Maa went to Avni and sat on the bed. Avni taught her to use her cell phone and she clicked their selfies. They smiled.

It was the morning time, the vehicles were flowing on the roads. The birds were hovering and were enjoying the time of the morning. Some birds were sitting over the buildings and the sun was showering its love on the people and other spices. The students were going to the college and were passing by the main gate. Some were going by walking. Some were on bikes and some were on cars.

Avni entered the main gate on her scooter and she parked it in its place because no one parked its car or bike there and the reason was Neil. How can anyone park his or her car or bike at Neil Khanna's fiancée's place? Avni got down from the scooter.

Neil was standing by leaning against the wall in the corridor of the college and a jewellery box was in his hand. A pendant was in the box. Neil was smiling by seeing it.