Chapter 06

It was the time of day, the cars were floating on the roads. Avni and Neil entered the jewelry shop where all the staff was busy with the customer. Neil and Avni looked around and they turned. Neil was looking for the owner of the shop because Shweta talked to him. Neil looked at Avni and then he thought.

Neil whispered to Avni while looking at the people: ab, yahan koi drama shuru mat kar dena. Jo ring pasand aye le lena, yeh humare family jeweler hain so, please yahan bargaining kare mat beth jana aur waise bhi larki ki ring larke wale lete hain aur lake ki larki wale. So, chup chap ring select karna bina paison ke bare main soche.

Avni: then I have to pay for your ring?

Neil: oh please, I will buy my own ring. You don't need to worry about it. I am the Neil Khanna, meri har cheeze main ek class hoti hai.

Avni was looking at Neil.

Neil: So, I will choose my ring which will be elegant and classic. Understood.

Avni: but, you will remove it after a few hours of our fake engagement then what's the need for that?

Neil didn't like the word fake engagement. He got hurt and angry too.

Neil: main ring few hours ke liye pehnu ya one hour ke liye yah phir usi time remove kar dun us se tumhe fark nahi parna chahiye.

Neil looked away and said: that is none of your concern.

Avni remained silent. Neil saw the man and he got relief. Neil turned to Avni.

Neil: come.

Neil moved and Avni saw that. Avni went behind Neil. Neil and Avni went to the man.

Neil: Uncle.

The man looked at Neil and smiled.

Man: Neiiilll. I was waiting for you.

Neil smiled and he shook hands with him.

Neil: how are you?

Man: I am fine. How are you?

Neil: good. Ab, this is Avni.

Avni greeted him. The man liked Avni and he also greeted her.

Man: Come.

Neil nodded and he signed Avni come. They went to the counter.

Man: Ashok, yeh Mr Prakash Khanna ke bete hain.

Avni looked at the man and something clicked in her mind that to make their own identity, a person has to work hard. Neil is the son of one of the richest businessmen in the country and number one in his city still Neil does not have his own identity. He is still the son of Prakash Khanna.

Ashok nodded and the man kept his hand on Neil's shoulder.

Man: ok?

Neil smiled and shook hands with the men.

Neil: Thank you, uncle.

The man smiled.

Man: take care.

Neil smiled and the man went. Avni was lost in her thoughts.

Avni and Neil were sitting in the jeweler's shop. The jeweler kept the rings on the counter. Neil signed Avni to see. Avni looked at Neil and then she looked at the rings. Neil also looked for a ring for him. Neil tried the ring. Avni picked up a simple ring and she tried it. Neil looked at the ring then he looked at Avni. Neil made a face then he looked away. Neil looked at the rings and Avni looked at him then she looked down. Avni removed her ring and she gave it back to the man. Avni looked out of the shop from the glass. Avni saw what Neil was doing. Neil liked a ring and he asked for Avni's hand. Avni gave her hand to Neil who slid the ring into Avni's hand and both felt a shiver in their body. Avni looked at Neil who also raised his eyes and then his head. They looked into the eyes of each other and got lost in the deep ocean eyes of each other. They forget about their surroundings and drown in the moment. Avni broke the eye contact and she looked down and Neil also came back to the real world when Avni broke the eye contact. They felt embarrassed so, they looked down, here and there. Avni took her hand back and Neil looked at the hands. Avni removed the ring and Neil saw that. Neil felt something in his heart. Avni kept the ring on the counter. Neil cleared his throat and he also removed his ring. Neil looked at the man and gave the ring to the man.