Chapter 05

It was the time of the morning when the birds were chirping on the trees in the garden of the Mehta house. Avni showed her home to Neil. Avni and Neil walked into the home and then they went to Avni’s room. Neil was shocked to see it. One single-size bed was kept there and a cupboard was also there. One table was kept at the side and it was all cleaned and some books were kept on it. Avni’s rewards like trophies and certificates were kept on the shelf. It was a simple small room.

Neil: ab, it is your room?

Avni nodded. Neil was shocked.

Neil looked at the room

Neil in mind: Itna chota room.

Avni: Come.

Neil looked at Avni and then he looked at the room. Avni followed Neil's gaze and then she looked at Neil. Avni looked down and turned. Neil looked at Avni and they moved out from there.

Avni and Neil went to the terrace and Neil was looking at it. They went to the wall and looked down at the garden. Neil really liked the garden area. Avni kept her hair behind her ear.

Neil: Nice garden.

Avni smiled to see the garden. Neil looked at Avni and thought what does he say now? Neil again looked at Avni and then he looked away. Neil thought and looked at Avni.

Neil: ab, why you are not coming to college?

Avni was surprised. Avni lowered his gaze.

Avni: I was unwell.

Neil looked at Avni and he very well knew that Avni was lying. Neil looked at the garden.

Neil: tumhe humare rishte se koi problem nahi hai?

Avni: jo mere parents ka decision hoga wahi mera bhi hoga.

Neil looked at Avni.

Neil: ok. Did you expect me here?

Avni shook her head. Neil nodded and he looked down at the garden. Neil again looked at Avni.

Neil: what do you think, what will be my answer?

Avni looked at Neil for some time.

Avni: you will say yes.

Neil was shocked.

Neil: why do you think so?

Avni looked down.

Avni: Because, I know, you hate me.

Neil felt a pinch in his heart. He gulped.

Avni: you want to torture me.

Neil was shocked. Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: I know, you and your friends were involved in the plan of locking me in the laboratory.

Neil was shocked. Avni smiled and she turned her face.

Neil: You know that?

Avni nodded while looking down.

Neil: then why you did not complain about us?

Avni: who would listen to me? You all belong to a rich family. Your father is the trustee of the college and Vidyut’s mother is a board member. Agar main jati bhi to koi meri complain upar tak jane hi nahi deta aur phir mere support main aata hi kon jab meri family hi mere samne deewar ban kar khari ho jati.

Avni realized what she said. She looked at Neil who was looking at her. Avni looked away and she kept her hair behind her ear.

Avni: ab, I think, we should go back now. Do you want to ask anything more?