Chapter 08

It was the time of morning, the sun was shining in the sky and birds were hovering in the sky. The vehicles were flowing on the roads. Avni was standing at the bus stop and she was waiting for the bus. A car passed from there and it stopped then it came back and Avni saw it with a frown. She was looking at the car then the person got down from the car and Avni was surprised to see the person.

It was Ali who shut the door of the car. Ali removed his specs and looked at Avni. Ali came to Avni. Avni looked at the people standing there and their eyes were at her. Avni felt awkward.

Ali: Hi.

Avni: H, Hi. Aa, Ali, you here?

Ali: yeah, I was going to college but I saw you here so I stopped my car. But, you here?

Avni looked down and looked here and there. Avni didn’t want any conspiracy that could become a hurdle in her career. Ali frowned.

Avni: Yeah, I, I go to college by bus. I told you yesterday that I got admission to the college on a scholarship.

Ali: oh, yeah… I forgot about that. I am also going to college so come with me.

Avni was shocked.

Avni: No, no, it’s ok. I am fine.

Ali: oh come on, Avni. We are friends and classmates also so, you can come with me.

Avni smiled.

Avni: It's ok, Ali. I daily go to college by bus so, today also, I can come by bus.

Ali: I don’t know anything, you are coming with me means you are coming. That’s final. Come.

Avni hesitated.

Avni: Ali.

Ali: Avniii… come.

Avni wanted to deny but Ali went to the car and opened the door. Avni looked at the people and she didn’t want any drama so, she went to the car and got in it. Ali smiled and closed the door. Ali went to his side and got in the car. Ali started the car. Avni felt uneasy.

Avni and Ali were on the way.

Ali: so, how are you?

Avni smiled.

Avni: I am fine. How are you?

Ali: good.

Avni smiled. Ali thought something.

Ali: Avni, can I ask you something?

Avni nodded.

Avni: yes, ask?

Ali: do you have a boyfriend?

Avni was shocked. Ali looked at Avni.

Ali: I hope, you didn’t mind. If you don’t want to tell me then it's ok.

Avni looked down then she looked at Ali.

Ali: nothing is there to hide. No, I don’t have a boyfriend. I am not a girlfriend material.

Ali frowned and then he smiled.

Ali: Girlfriend material?

Avni nodded.

Avni: hmm.

Ali: what do you mean by girlfriend material?

Avni sighed.

Avni: Girlfriend material. Girls of nowadays. A girl who is socially active, wears modern dresses, walks with attitude, and has confidence. Boys like these types of girls.

Ali chuckled.

Ali: Who said this to you?

Avni: I saw it in college.