Chapter 18

It was the time of the night, the moon was shining on the sky and the Khanna mansion was shining on the earth. Inside the Khanna mansion, the guests had gone. Only the Khanna family and the Mehta family were present there.

Ashish: Ab humain bhi ijazat dijiye. Humain bhi chalna chahiye.

Prakash: Itni jaldi, abhi to hum free howe hain. Hum ne theek se Avni beti se baat bhi nahi ki.

Everyone smiled.

Ashish: Ab dair bohat ho gai hai.

Shweta: To aaj raat yahan stay kar lijiye.

Neil’s face lit up and the Mehta family was surprised. Ashish and Dayawanti Mehta looked at each other with greed and they smiled.

Nm: Nahi hum yahan kaise reh sakte hain?

Ashish and Dayawanti Mehta got angry.

Neil: Kyun nahi, Neela Maa? Yeh bhi to aap ka ghar hai?

Avni looked at Neil.

Nm: woh to hai lekin phir bhi.

Bebe: Phir bhi kya? Bhai, aaj raat to yahan rehna parega. Bus.

Nm: Ab, Bebe, Avni ko subha college bhi to jana hai.

Shweta: To yahan se chali jayegi. Neil bhi to college jayega na.

Shweta looked at Neil.

Neil: Han. Main Ja. Un. Ga.

Avni: ab, mere books aur bag ghar per hain.

Neil looked at Avni.

Bebe: Yeh to hai.

Neil: College ke raste main hi Mehta house aata hai. Pehle Mehta house chalenge. Tum apna bag le lena phir college chale jaenge.

Shweta: Yeh bhi sahi hai.

Prakash: To bus tey raha ke aap log aaj raat yahan rahenge.

Ashish remembered something.

Ashish in mind: Kal subha to Raju paise le kar aane wala hai. Agar parcel time per nahi diya to garbar ho jayegi.

Ashish thought.

Ashish: Ab phir kabhi hum yahan stay karenge. Aaj humain jana hoga.

Avni was surprised because she thought that Ashish and Dayawanti Mehta would say yes to staying with her but Ashish denied it.

Ashish: Subha kam per bhi jana hai. Phir kabhi stay karenge. Aaj humain jane dijiye.

Neil looked at Ashish.

Prakash: Theek hai ab aap itna keh rahe hain to theek hai. Lekin agli baar main aap ki ek nahi sunoga.

Everyone smiled. Neil got sad.

Everyone came to the door.

Shweta: Avni, beta, tumhare sare gifts maine room main rakhwa diye hain. Main kal bhijhwa dungi.

Avni smiled. They moved out. Both families met. Avni and Neil met their in-laws. Avni and Neil looked at each other.

Neil: Bye.

Avni: Bye.

Avni turned to the car and the Mehta family got into the car. The car went from there. Neil was looking at the car. Neil sighed and thought.

It was the daytime, Avni, Neil, and other students were present in the classroom.

Teacher: So, students, today I want to ask you all a simple question and you all have to give your opinion on it. Did you get that?