Chapter 27

Trying again and again and patience leads to success. Neil also applied the same trick in his life. Neil understood that he had to deal with Avni with patience and he would have to try again and again to gain Avni's trust.

It was the daytime, Avni was sitting on the bed in her room and Neil came into the room. Neil remembered something and he went to the cupboard and Avni saw him. Avni looked down at the bed and Neil took out a small box and looked at it. Neil looked at Avni and then he again looked at the box. Neil shut the cupboard and came to the bed and sat in front of Avni. Avni looked at her hands. Neil looked at the box and passed it to Avni. Avni saw the box.

Neil: Avni, this is for you.

Avni looked at Neil. Neil suppressed his lips and nodded.

Neil: Actually, yeh tumhari mou dikhai hai. Main kal raat ko tumhe dena hi bhul gaya tha. Abhi jab tumhari bangles ko dekha to mujhe yaad aya. Hmm, yeh lo.

Avni took the box.

Avni: Thank you.

Neil smiled and Avni was about to keep it on the bed but she thought. Neil also got hurt when he saw Avni keeping the box on the bed. Avni opened the box and saw two bangles. Avni liked that. Avni smiled and Neil also got happy.

Avni: Yeh kanghan bohat sundhar hain.

Neil smiled and his happiness reflected on his face. Avni looked at Neil and smiled. Avni took the bangles and put on them. Avni showed her bangles to Neil. Neil smiled widely.

Neil: Bohat sundhar lag rahe hain.

Avni smiled.

Neil was smiling and he looked at Avni who shut the box and kept the box on the bed. Neil's smile faded and he realized that Avni liked the bangles but she didn't put on them. Neil got upset. Avni looked at Neil who smiled fakely.

Avni: Main kisi special occasion per yeh kanghan zaror pehnu gi.

Neil smiled and nodded. Neil looked down and sighed.

Later, Neil showed his childhood pictures to Avni and told her the stories of his childhood. Avni smiled and she remembered her childhood. Neil found Avni lost and he thought. Avni looked at Neil who asked her what happened but Avni shook her head. Neil smiled and he continued.

Days passed and Neil tried to make Avni comfortable. Neil took Avni outside to the parks or on a date and he tried his best to make things normal between them but Avni didn't open up. After Neela Maa's death, Avni went back to her shell and she was not able to cope up with the storm which was inside her. She was feeling lonely and was not able to move on from her mother's death though she came back to her normal routine but still she was not able to move on. The day of Neil's going abroad also came.

Avni was sitting on the bed and Neil came to Avni and sat near her. Neil's leg was hanging down. Avni looked at Neil's hand because something was in his hand. Neil was looking at his hand and then he looked at Avni who also looked at him. Neil opened his fist while looking at his hand and a heart-shaped pendant was in his hand. Avni looked at Neil's hand and was surprised to see the pendant.

Neil: Yeh tumhare liye hai.

Neil opened the heart and showed it to Avni. Avni looked at it and she was surprised to see Neela Maa's picture in it. Avni's eyes got moist. Neil looked at Avni. Avni looked at Neil with moist eyes who was looking at her. Neil's parent's picture was on the other side.

Neil: Kal main yahan se chala jaunga to socha jane se pehle tumhe kuch asa de kar jaun jo tumhe mushkil waqt main himmat de.

Neil smiled.

Neil: Phir mujhe yeh khayal aya ke kyun na tumhe yeh diya jaye.

Neil smiled and looked at the pendant. Neil held the chain of the pendent and the pendant was hanging. Avni was looking at the pendant. Neil kept the pendant on his palm.

Neil: Ab humare parents humesha tumhare dil ke pass rahen ge.

Avni looked at Neil who also looked at her. Neil smiled.

Neil: Jab bhi tumhe dar lage yaa phir tumhe akalapan mehsos ho yeh pendant tumhe himmat de ga.

Neil was looking at the pendant and Avni also looked at the pendant. Avni smiled. Neil took the pendant in his hand and then he held it with both hands. Neil passed the pendent to Avni.

Neil: Hmm.

Avni took the pendant from Neil and she looked at the pendant emotionally. Avni kissed it and Neil smiled. Avni closed the pendant and tried to put on it. Neil saw Avni struggling and he thought.

Neil: Lao main help kar deta hun.

Neil got up and he went behind Avni. Neil took Avni's hair to the side and Avni shivered. Neil looked at Avni. Neil replaced Avni's hand and kept his one leg on the bed. Neil tied the pendant on Avni's neck.

Neil: Done.

Avni smiled and looked at the pendant. Neil came and sat in front of Avni. Avni opened the pendant and kissed it. Avni closed the pendent. Avni looked at Neil.

Avni: Thank you.

Neil smiled and said, you're welcome.

Neil hugged Avni who also hugged him back and smiled with moist eyes.

The next day, Neil was packing his suitcase and Avni was present there for his help but she was just standing there. One suitcase and one bag were kept there. Neil packed his bag and Shweta came there with Bebe and Prakash. Shweta was carrying the boxes of food.

Shweta: Yeh tere khane ke liye hain. Bag main rakh le.

Neil and Prakash made a face.

Neil: Mom, main by air jaa raha hun, by train nahi jo main yeh raste main khaon ga.

Avni smiled.

Shweta: Tu chup kar. Raste main khane ke liye nahi hain. Wahan khane ke liye hain.

Prakash: Kyun wahan khana nahi milta?

Shweta: Maa ke hath ka khana thori milta hai.

Shweta got emotional and Neil made a face.

Neil: Mom.

Avni: Agar Mummy Ji keh rahi hain to maan jao.

Neil made a face.

Bebe: Ab to Biwi ne bhi bol diya ab to bhai le kar jana parega.

Prakash smiled and Avni and Neil, both felt something in their heart to hear the word "Biwi". Neil felt that now Avni belongs to him. She is his wife. Avni also thought that now she was someone's wife. She belongs to Neil. She is a wife. They looked down and then they looked at each other. Avni avoided eye contact. Neil smiled.

Neil looked at Shweta and forwarded his hands to take the boxes. Shweta smiled with teary eyes. Shweta gave the boxes.

Prakash: Yeahhh...

Neil smiled and kept them on the bed. Neil opened the zip of the bag.

Neil: see, is main jaga hi nahi hai. Pehle hi aap ne dry fruits, papar aur pata nahi kya, kya rakh diya hai.

Shweta: us side rakh agaenge. Hat main jaga banati hun.

Shweta came and Neil and Shweta kept the boxes and arranged the clothes in the bag. Shweta was wiping her tears from time to time. Neil saw that and felt bad. Neil closed the bag.

Shweta: dekh ho gaya.

Shweta wiped her tears.

Neil: Mom, stop crying.

Avni looked at Neil and then she looked at Shweta. Shweta cupped Neil's face.

Shweta: kaise rahe ga tu wahan. Kaise rahun gi main tere bina.

Neil: Aaww.

Neil hugged her.

Neil: my dear Mom, sirf do saal ki to baat hai aur phir main vacation main to aya karun ga na.

Shweta: Do saal, mere liye to do din bhi bare hain.

Neil chuckled and others smiled.

Neil: to phir ab kya kiya jaye? Jane ka plan cancel kar den?

Shweta wiped her tears and said: Nahi, nahi. Tu jaa tera sapna pura kar.

Neil smiled and cupped Shweta's face.

Neil: Pakka?

Avni smiled to see them. Shweta smiled and kept her hand on Neil's hand. Shweta nodded and Neil smiled.

Shweta: Pakka.

Neil: That's like my cool mom.

Everyone smiled and Avni adored the cute bond of mother and son. Neil hugged Shweta and kissed her head. They smiled.

Prakash: Ab humain chalna chahiye.

Prakash signed to Bebe. Shweta and Neil broke the hug. Prakash signed to Shweta who nodded.

Shweta: Han chaliye. Humain bhi to Neil ke sath airport jana hai.

Neil looked at them and then he looked down. Neil understood their plan. Avni also looked down.

Shweta: Hum bhi ready ho jate hain. Tillu, tu dekh le kuch reh to nahi gaya. Avni, beta, Tillu ki help kar dena.

Avni nodded while looking down and Neil looked at her. Neil looked down.