Chapter 39

It was the day time, the sun was shining in the sky and a police jeep was passing by the road. Avni was seating at the backseat. It was an isolated area. A man came on the way from behind the tree while carrying a gun and he stood in the centre of the road. The driver was shocked and Avni was sitting in the backseat. Avni also saw the shooter and she was also shocked. The shooter shot and the driver got injured. The jeep got out of control and it collided with the tree.

On the other side, Neil was standing in front of the dressing table in his room and was closing the button of his shirt's sleeve. The wind touched him and Neil looked up. Neil became restless.

Neil: Avni.

Neil thought.

Neil: Mujhe asa kyun lag raha hai ke Avni kisi mushkil main hai.

Neil thought and he took his phone from the dressing table. Neil dialed Avni's number and the number was off. Neil was surprised and he cut the call.

Neil said while dialing Avni's number: Yeh Avni ka number band kyun araha hai.

Neil again called Avni but no use. Neil cut the call and thought.

Neil: Avni bata rahi thi ke aaj us ki commissioner sir ke sath meeting hai. Shayad isi liye Avni ne apne number off kar diya hai.

Neil thought and sighed.

Neil: I hope, Avni, tum theek ho... Ek baar Avni se baat ho jati to acha hota. At least mujhe sukoon mil jata.

Neil thought. Neil dialed a number and it was busy.

Neil: Ab yeh Jay Singh kahin busy hai.

Neil cut the call and thought.

Neil: Main shayad faltu main hi tension le raha hun. Jay Singh ka number busy hai matlab kuch important kaam hi hoga. Isi liye Avni ka number bhi band hai.

Neil thought and sighed. Neil was not satisfied and was still worried for Avni.

Later, Neil was sitting in his officer and he was still worried for Avni. Neil was not able to concentrate. Neil took his phone again and dialled Avni’s number which was switched off. Neil cut the call and dialled the number of Jay Singh and the ring was going.

Neil: Thank God, kisi ka to number laga.

On the other side, the sun was shining over the building of the hospital and inside it, Jay Singh was present in the corridor of the hospital and his phone was in his hand. He thought and then he picked up the phone.

Jay: Hello.

Neil got attentive.

Neil: Hello, Jay Singh, Thank God tum ne phone to uthaya. Avni kahan hai?

Jay Singh was shocked and he looked at the emergency ward. Neil was shocked.

It was the time of the evening, the birds were hovering over the building of the hospital and a car stopped outside the hospital. Neil got down from the passanger seat and the Khanna family was with him. Neil instantly moved from there. Neil was passing by the corridor and he turned his face. Neil saw Jay Singh and he went to him hurriedly.

Neil: Avni.

Jay Singh pointed at the room and Neil looked there. Neil moved to the door without wasting a second.

The door opened and it was Neil who opened the door. Avni was laying on the bed and a bandage was on her forehead and on her right hand. Avni opened her eyes. Avni was surprised to see Neil and she frowned.

Avni: Neil.

Neil: Avni.

Neil came to Avni and kept his hand on Avni’s head.