Chapter 03

It was the time of the evening, the sun was shining over a small house and a small garden was outside it. It was a single-floor home with a terrace. A tree was in the garden.  Someone was standing outside the main gate and it was a male. The face of the person shown and that was Neil. He looked at the home.

Neil: Avni, yahan rehti hai?

Yes, Neil was standing outside the Mehta house. It didn’t take a day for him to get Avni’s address. After all, he is Neil Khanna and it is not a big deal for him to get addresses because he is the son of Prakash Khanna and Neil uses his father’s name without any hesitation. He got Avni’s address from the college records.

Neil thought and he heard the shouting of a lady so he looked at the home.

Lady: aray o, Neela, kahan reh gai? Meri chai laegi ya mujhe bhukha maarna ka irada hai.

Neil was standing outside the home and could clearly hear the lady’s voice. Neil thought.

Neil: I think, yeh Avni ki kharus dadi hain.

Neil thought.

Neil: kya karun? Andar jaun ya nahi?

Neil thought. He moved forward.

In the Mehta house, a lady of mid-60s was sitting on the couch and was wearing a light blue saree and a lady of mid-40 came to her carrying a tray and a cup was on it. The old lady is Avni’s greedy grandmother, Dayawanti Mehta who doesn’t love Avni because Avni is a girl and she doesn’t like his daughter-in-law, Neela because according to her, Neela Maa was failed to give them their heir. They are not so rich but have enough to eat well but they are also miser with greediness.

Avni’s father, Ashish Mehta is also like her mother and he always doe what his mother tells him. For Ashish, his mother is the only honest and humble person in the world and she can never make any mistake

Nm: ye lijiye, Maa ji, aap ki chai.

DM: itni dar kahan laga di?

Nm: woh chai banane main time lag gaya.

Dayawanti Mehta took the cup from the tray while saying: time lag gaya. Hmm, kaam chor.

Neela maa looked down and she went.

On the other side, Neil was standing outside the door. He was about to knock on the door but he stopped and thought.

Neil: nahi, nahi, main ase andar nahi ja sakta. Aur main kahun ga kya ke main kyun aya hun.

Neil thought.

Neil: koi window wagera to hogi na wahan se dekhne ki koshish karta hun.

Neil walked to the side and he was finding a window. The plants were disturbing him. Neil got irritated.

Neil: What the hell?

Neil moved away the plants and he heard the sound of the vessels. Neil frowned and he saw a window. Neil went to the window slowly and peeked from there and what he saw there, just pulled the ground from under his feet.

Neil in mind: Avni.

Avni was standing near the sink and a mountain of vessels was kept in front of her. She was washing the vessels. Neil was seeing her from the side. Avni was looking sad. Neil couldn’t believe his eyes that the topper of the class was in this state. He had not even kept the vessels in the kitchen after eating even,
he gets everything at the dining table and his mother manages everything. Servants come by running on his one call and her Avni is living this life. Avni was rubbing the vessel to clean it and she was frustrated now because she had been caged for days. Avni wanted to study more but because of Juhi and Neil’s gang, her dream of becoming IPS broke. Avni looked at her hands and she rubbed the vessel in anger and then she threw the vessel in anger on other vessels and Neil flinched. Neil looked at her.