3

JANET POV

I walked in the hair salon and all of my employees greeted me

"Hey Janet" Gloria said to me. She's such a sweetheart and she's the best when it comes to manicures and pedicures so that's what I hired her to do in the salon.

"Hey boo" I said. "Is Mickie here yet?" I asked taking my shades off.

"Nah not yet" She replied.

Mickie is my best friend in the entire world. Been best friends since 6th grade. Her real name is Mikayla but I call her Mickie.

I always do her hair and nails for free. No questions asked.

I sat my bags down and went to the register, checking the money and making sure everything was okay. Then I started the music and had "It won't stop" by Sevyn Streeter and Chris Brown playing.

My other employee Maiya came up to me and said "Janet, I'm so sorry, I ran out of shampoo"

"You're good. I bought plenty more last night, head to the back in the storage closet" I said.

"Whew, okay thank you" She said rushing to the back.

And just then, Mickie walked in with a few bags of hair, and hair pins, baretts, and hair ties.

"Hey girl" She said.

"Heyyy. Got everything?" I asked.

"Yuppp" She said holding up the bags of hair and I chuckled. Me and Mickie have the same aesthetic. Whenever we take pictures they always come out so cute.

"Alright coo, and I'll hook your nails up right after" I said.

"Sounds good to me. You look cuteeee" She said.

"Thank you baby." I said cheesing.

"You're welcome. When did you change it to pink instead?" She asked.

"Last night. It was so last minute. Come on, we finna wash yo hair" I said as I led her to the chair.

I took her hair out of the ponytail, and started prepping to wash her hair when she said "You never told me how Trevante's birthday dinner went"