16

JANET POV

To be continued

And they say
That he's gonna hurt me
Just wait and see
But they don't know me
Cause I am, what he wants
His girl, and I love it

"What else you love?" Trevante asked me, looking me in my eyes.

"They're the lyrics" I said chuckling.

"But I'm asking you though." He said and I just looked at him, getting a bit nervous. I don't even know why.

"I love my daughter." I said.

"And...? What else?" He asked scooting a bit closer in between my legs.

I looked down at his lips, and he licked them. And he slowly leaned in.

I slowly backed up, clearing my throat and he just looked at me.

"Janet." He said.

"I can't.." I said sighing as I stood up. I rubbed my face trying to process everything.

I don't even know why I was confused by Trevante trying to kiss me.

All I knew was that I couldn't do it.

"Why not?" Trevante asked. "I know what's really good. We both do." He added.

"Look- Tonight is coo and all and yes we are vibing and yes.. I mean I just- I don't know what's getting into us right now but-"

"What do you mean you don't know?" He asked before sighing. "Janet, you love me and I love you. You know that. And you always will love me but you don't wanna deal with that kind of truth." He added.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes saying "Oh so you just think you know so much"

"Yes. I know you love me, and I know they didn't just conveniently fade away. Because you still get shy around me. Still give you butterflies. You still look away and blush when I say certain things to you. You're letting me stay here for a few days with no hesitation or question. And when I say that I know you love me, you never deny it." He said.

"I love you in a different way. As the father of my child." I said.

"CAP." He said and I folded my arms and sighed.

"You were finna let me kiss you. And you know it. So why are you fighting this undeniable chemistry that we both obviously haven't let go of?! Why?! You still got that fire in your eyes..." He said.

"I need you to hear me loud, and clear Trevante. What me and you had? Is dead." I said.

"Don't say that." He said.

"You're the one that cheated." I said looking down for a moment, because everytime I think about that situation, it pains me.

"You ruined it.. Forever." I said looking up at him.

He just looked at me and said "Janet please.."

"I just made a fucked up decision at that time" He said.