48

JANET POV

I walked in Nicki's bedroom after I took a shower and I wrapped my robe around me. She looked at me and said "You're gonna have to tell your man that Jesse is around and stalking you"

"I know. Especially since my baby is here with us." I said referring to Ivory.

"You both need to be safe" Nicki said.

"It's just- I don't know where to start. Trevante is crazy" I said.

"So you're gonna keep protecting that Jesse nigga?" She asked me.

I sighed.

"Of course not. But if Trevante found out about this, he would definitely kill Jesse or have him killed. Plain and simple. And I just don't wanna be responsible of him going back to prison." I said.

"Then you need to tell an attorney, the police. Somebody." Nicki said.

My eyes watered.

"I'm a nervous wreck Nicki. I'm trying to figure it all out" I said.

"If I feel like you're in serious danger I'm gonna tell Trevante FOR you because I'm not having that. I love you, and what you're doing. Okay?" Nicki said.

"Okay.. I love you too" I said as we hugged. "I just wanna lay down with my daughter" I added.

"Okay let me help you" Nicki said. We both stood up and she helped me take off my robe, and there was wounds and red marks all over my back.

"Oh my goodness" Nicki said looking at the marks.

"Can't believe that bastard tried to attack me" I said.

"Looks like he did more than try.." Nicki said slightly touching it but it hurt so bad, I whined.

"Sorry- I'm sorry" Nicki said.

"It's okay" I said, before getting in the bed in her guest room. "I'll get Ivory right now so she can lay down with you okay?" She said.

"Okay" I said. "Thank you Nicki" I added.

"No problem." She said before she walked out of the room.

-

TREVANTE POV

Two days later

"Hey! How you doing?" Nicki asked.

I landed a flight out here to surprise Janet and Ivory at one of Nicki's concerts so, here I am.

I cannot just wait a long ass month.

Can't.

Plus I start filming again in a week so that means I can be out here with them for a few days before I go back.

"I'm good!" I said.

"Janet is finishing up one of my dancer's hair, or she might be done by now. Her dressing room is down the hall to the right, and her name is right on it" Nicki said.

"Great, great. Thank you" I said.

"No problem, glad you're here." Nicki said with concern before she walked off and I scrunched my eyebrows wondering why she said it like that.

I then just shrugged it off before walking down the hall. I brought a bouquet of roses for Janet and for Ivory.

I finally got to her dressing room door, and seen it was slightly opened already.

I opened it and seen her digging in her purse, and I snuck behind her, sitting the roses down and I tried to cover her eyes but she screamed and yelled "OH MY GOD!" In a fearful tone.

When she seen it was me and took a deep breath and said "Trevante?! Babe oh my God you scared me half to death!"

"I can see that, wassup wit you, babe why you so jumpy?" I asked.

"I-I'm not, it's just- It's late and I'm in here alone and I didn't hear you come in" She said breathing heavily. Then she hugged me, and I hugged her back scrunching my eyebrows.

"I can't believe you flew all the way out here, I'm so happy to see you" She said.

"Of course babe. I came to check on you and Ivory, and surprise y'all. Support y'all" I said.

"Thank you" She said and I gave her a kiss.

"Where's Ivory?" I asked.

"In the restroom" She said.

"Aight.. But ever since our phone call the other day, I just been trippin you know? I'm worried about you" I said grabbing her chin.

"Why?" Janet asked looking up at me in alert.

"I don't know exactly. You just seem jumpy and scared. I don't know really. I just feel like you're off a bit. And I want you to be okay" I said.

"Aww baby.. Come here" She said hugging me again.

"I'm just tired babe, that's all. I'm overworked" Janet said.

I hugged her back and said "Is that it?"

Because I definitely don't think that's it.

"Yeah.. Yeah that's it" Janet said.

I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Okay look, how about we watch the concert, we vibe out wit Ivory, then afterwards we go to the air bnb I rented out, and we'll get pizza. Aight?" I said.

"Yes, yeah that sounds great to me" Janet said.

I looked at her for a moment and said "You sure you aight?"

"Yes baby, I'm fine. Okay?" Janet said giving another kiss and we held each other. "Aight.. I hear you. And I love you more" I said back.

-

☕️