42

JANET POV

7 am

I woke up and rubbed my eyes, taking a deep breath as I sat up in my bed.

"Thank you God for another day" I prayed.

I looked on my nightstand, and scrunched my eyebrows as I seen Trevante's CD player.

I bought him this years ago, back when CD players were in style.

I was confused why it was here though. Not gone lie, I was surprised he still even had this.

Next to the CD player was a rose, and I could see a note inside of the CD player.

I opened it and immediately "Still in love" started playing.

I said, still in loveeee...
Still in loveeee....
With, meeee
Are you gonna be in love with me?
I want you and need you to be
Still in love with me...

I blushed as the song played and I unfolded the note and started reading what he wrote.

And he wrote it all in cursive.

Janet, I think we all should be willing to take a chance on love. A chance. A chance to feel something. Something deeper than what my eyes could see or my hands could touch so. Something deeper than whatever you ever had with anyone else. See, it's a fine line between love and lust. Because one just, one just doesn't heal as much. You understand? That type of love that's so damn good that it kinda gets boring. Cause in a world of chaos, that type of boredom is really peace of mind, and that's the love that's worth adorning. I know that you've been hurt by love when it came to me, and it made you closed off. But don't let that change the fact that you was always loved by me, and still loved by me now. Before, during and after. And not just during the moments that you think you're being sought after. My love won't always be perfect, but I'll usher you in the right directions, love you without possession, to make sure this is love and not obsession. Our love is destined. We met each other years back on a Sunday, we got started on Monday and I always got you through the week. See, that Motown love back in the 60's, that shit was peace. So, like you said we gone grow that type of love under our feet. It's always been right there, I know.

I'm still in love with you.

-Trevante Rhodes

I smiled from ear to ear reading that.

Trevante has been everything and then some ever since we've got back together. He definitely has been putting in work and making up for what went wrong the first time.

And I can't be mad at that at all.

I rubbed my lips together grabbing the rose and I blushed, smelling it before sitting it back down.

I unlocked my phone and went to my messages with him.

Me: You are the sweetest. I love you so much. And I'm still in love with you, just as much as you are with me

Trevante: Oh yeah?

Me: Absolutely. Come get your pussy.

Trevante: On my way.

I smiled before standing up and immediately started taking my clothes off.

-

TREVANTE POV

"Thank you." I said to Janet.

"What I do?" Janet asked.

"What don't you do?" I asked and she smiled.

"You been holding shit down. I know having me as a crazy ass baby daddy  ain't easy. It ain't for the weak. I know I put you through shit and made shit hard. I know my decisions ain't been the best. And I know I got myself into trouble. But you still had my back, you still love me. You been my glue, keeping me together." I said to her.