22

JANET POV

Double update

"Here you go Mrs

"Here you go Mrs.Jones" I said handing her a water as she was sitting under the dryer.

She's like a second mom. Love her.

"Thank you baby" She said.

"Of course. In about fifteen minutes I'll take you off the dryer okay?" I said, and she nodded her head.

I then sat down and opened my apple juice, taking a sip and just taking a breather as I was basically getting a break while she was under the dryer.

"Is she getting her nails done too? The French tips or nah?" Gloria asked me, referring to Mrs.Jones.

"Yeah. You can start that once I start pressing her hair" I said.

"Alright" Gloria said with a smile and we did our handshake as she headed to the back room.

Gloria is more than my employee. She's like a work bestie.

"You good Sienna?" I asked because she was under the dryer too.

It's weird that we're so cool now but, I never had beef with her. It was always her, that had beef with me.

And now that we're good, I make sure her hair stays in tact because my goodness everybody knew I was tired of that Carol Brady looking shit she was doing.

"I'm coo girl thank youuuu" She said with a smile.

"No problem" I said back, returning the smile.

As I was scrolling through my phone, I could see from the corner of my eye and hear somebody walk inside of the shop, and it was that Tonya bitch.

I squinted my eyes.

"Janet, that's your name right?" She said.

I stood up and said "What's it to you?"

"Do you know who I am?" She asked.

"Why don't you tell me?" I said sarcastically.

"Look, I ain't here for no drama but I do think you have a right to know what's going on." She said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

She dug in her purse and pulled out some paperwork, handing it to me.

"What's this" I said as I was reading it.

And it was saying she was pregnant, and had the confirmation.

And the date and time she was at the doctor.

"Okay? Congratulations. What the fuck this gotta do wit me?" I asked.

"It's Trevante's." She said and I just looked at her.

"He's the only person I've had sex within the last three months and we did not use a condom. I know y'all getting back together or whatever so. I knew you needed to know, and I knew he wasn't gonna tell you." She said.