51

To be continued

TREVANTE POV

The next morning

I woke up on the couch and looked at the time, seeing it was 7 in the morning. Mickie was asleep on the other couch with Janet.

I had Ivory stay with Nicki for the night because I gotta figure this shit out.

It's a good thing I flew out here.

I walked over to Mickie and woke her up and said "Mickie"

"Hmm" She said immediately sitting up and looking around.

"It's 7" I said to her.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"Yeah I'm coo." I said as she stretched her arms and yawned.

She looked over at Janet.

I said "Don't worry, I got her."

"I know you do." Mickie said getting up and grabbing her purse and car keys.

She slid her shoes on her feet and stood up from the couch, and I started walking her to the door.

"I'm gonna get to my hotel and freshen up. You guys call me if you need me" Mickie said.

"Aight" I said as she opened the door, and I looked outside as she walked out. And I squinted my eyes, observing my surroundings, and I chuckled shaking my head at what I saw.

I made sure Mickie got to her car safely, and once she drove off, I shut the door and locked it, thinking to myself.

"Baby girl" I said as I was walking back to the living room, seeing Janet was just waking up.

"Baby" I said to her and she slowly lifted herself up.

"You okay?" I asked her.

She nodded her head and hugged on me. I hugged her back and kissed her forehead softly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you soon enough baby.." She said.

"Cause you know I'd murk his ass" I said and we both laughed a little.

"I just don't want you going back to jail. But baby I'm scared, I'm not gonna lie" She said.

"Don't be. Because ain't nothing gone happen to you as long as I'm here and as long as I'm alive. But I need you to tell me what happened that day" I said to her.

She sighed.

"I was at the venue and one of Nicki's assistants brought me flowers saying somebody sent them for me. When I read the card and seen it was from Jesse, I threw them away. Then, I ended up leaving the venue because it was time to go anyways. And he was standing right by my car waiting on me, and was trying to talk to me. Threatening me and saying he wasn't gonna let me slide for talking to him crazy. I told him to get the fuck away from me and he... He snatched me out of my car, and yanked my panties off and tried to rape me behind a truck. Only reason he didn't is because Nicki heard me screaming for help and she came and got me, and it made him run off" Janet said.

I took a deep breath. Just hearing that whole thing pissed me off.

And it pissed me off that I wasn't here to protect her from that.

"Okay. I'll take care of this." I said to her as I hugged her again, and she hugged me back. "Lemme hop in the shower aight?" I said.

"Okay umm... I'm gonna cook you something okay?" She said.

"Aight" I said before heading to the bathroom.

-

JANET POV