8

TREVANTE POV

"You know our next guest from the Oscar winning film Moonlight, now he has a film stepping into the ring as Mike Tyson, in the limited series Mike." Lamorne Moore said into the mic.

I had an interview on his talk show today, promoting two upcoming movies I had coming out soon.

Was I nervous? Nah, I've done plenty of these by now.

"Please give it up for Trevante Rhodes!" He announced and everyone started clapping and screaming for me as I walked out.

"How y'all doing, how y'all doing" I said to the audience as I sat down and shook hands with Lamorne.

I leaned back against the chair and everybody was still screaming, especially the ladies. I chuckled and said "Thank y'all"

"Got all the ladies going crazy" Lamorne said and I laughed saying "I appreciate them all"

"This is off topic but I have a question for you" He said.

"I'm ready" I said.

"When you walk down the street do people mistake you for me?" He asked making everyone laugh, I laughed shaking my head.

"Sure, sure they do." I said sarcastically.

"I figured, we have a similar build." He said and I chuckled saying "Righttttt"

"So I checked out the Mike Tyson series you did, and you did phenomenal. When I was watching it, I was speechless. A lot of people do Mike Tyson impressions. But when you did the movie, they made you look like him, sound like him, everything. What was that process like?" He asked me.

"I mean, it was beautiful man. It was soul enriching to step into that space. It was great" I said.

 It was great" I said

That's really dope. You spent all this time to get into Mike Tyson's character, can you fight in real life?" He asked me and I laughed.

"Absolutely, but I just hope nobody takes me there for real" I said chuckling and everyone laughed.