Chapter - 8

Lan Wangji and Wei wuxian had come to Mingshi . Others were already there .

Zhao Yi Ran when saw them , smiled brightly.

" Now Yiling patriarch and Hanguang Jun is here , I will show you ." Zhao Yi Ran said.

Everyone was standing at safe distance. Zhao Yi Ran took out a transparent box  and put it on the altar in the middle . One can see through the dark , black waves of energy swirling inside the small box.

" So this is what you have captured." Wei Wuxian said.

" Hmm" Zhao Yi Ran hummed.

" This is a sealing box specially made for such things. It can't come out unless it was much stronger than the box." Zhao Yi Ran said.

Everyone was watching it intently.

" Should I check it ? I don't have a golden core." Wei Wuxian said.

Others turned their gazes to Wei Wuxian.

Lan Wangji moved from it's position and approached the box. Before anyone could say anything he broke the box and hold the energy in his palm.

" Lan Zhan ! "

" Wangji ! "

Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen shouted. Others were also horrified.

" Have you gone crazy , lan Wangji? " Jiang Cheng yelled.

" Do you want to kill others with yourself ? "

Jiang Cheng was so angry that his Zidian sparked, ready to unleash.

" Shut up , Jiang Cheng ! " Wei Wuxian yelled with anger.

Jiang Cheng scowled and turned away his face.

He didn't like how Jiang Cheng spouting his anger at Lan Wangji . He was worried for Lan Wangji.

Blood was dripping from Lan Wangji's hand and staining the ground. The black energy was sticking to Lan Wangji's hand. But there was no sign of slightest pain on lan Wangji's face.

Wei Wuxian and others was horrified to see so much blood.

" Lan Zhan !" Wei Wuxian said in a voice dripping with concern.

" Stay there ." Lan Wangji said in commanding voice , different from his monotonous voice and Wei wuxian felt himself restrained.

Lan Wangji was staring at his hand . Then he looked down for a second and clench the energy in it's fist. In few seconds he opened his first and  there was nothing except blood.

Lan Wangji was staring at his hand covered with blood like it was the most scenic view of the world.

Wei Wuxian looked at the hand.

" Lan Zhan! How are you feeling ? Are you ok ? " Wei Wuxian asked approaching.

" I am fine." Lan Wangji said.

" Ho.. how d..did you d..do it ? " Zhao Yi Ran asked. He was frightened, confused and surprised.

" Ho.. how ? " Zhao Yi Ran said while staring at Lan Wangji.

" What do you mean ? What Wangji did ? " Lan Xichen asked.

" He.. he des... destroy.. ed it." Zhao Yi Ran said.

" What ? " Others shouted in unison.

" What are you ? " Zhao Yi Ran asked and this time Lan Wangji looked at him.

" Lan Zhan ! What you did ? " Wei Wuxian asked.

" I gave it what it wanted. Everything has its own limit . " Lan Wangji said and Wei wuxian understood what he meant.