four. proposals and ideals

[four

[four. proposals and ideals]

TALKING WITH CORIOLANUS is hard. Arguing with Coriolanus is impossible. Unlike Festus, he doesn't have amusing reactions nor is he straightforward. So she greatly regretted continuing the stupid fight they had since they left the zoo.

"Do you understand that you went too far?" The girl protested as she tried to keep up with his fast pace. They were practically running to their class, although it was likely the class already started.

"That is none of your business" He simply commented and it felt like he said that for the hundredth time.

"You were talking to the cameras!" Cassia exclaimed. "We aren't supposed to do that!"

"And who says that?" Coriolanus said. She couldn't argue with that. Just like nobody forbade them from going to the station, no one forbade them from promoting their tributes. She huffed in defeat. 

They finally entered the classroom and everyone turned at them. Cassia walked to her seat, a few rows above Coriolanus. She prayed that Highbottom would leave his remarks for the end of the lesson but of course, he didn't.

"Your little excursion was in violation of at least five different academy rules." He stated, not bothering to look up from his papers. " Chief amongst them, endangering a Capitol student"

"Wait who!?" Coriolanus said as his eyes briefly landed on Cassia. "Because if you're talking about Xander, I didn't even kn-"

"Both of you" Highbottom interrupted. Cassia turned at that. As embarrassed as it was to admit, she hoped that after Snow's little show, her violation would be forgotten. "I am moving  for the game makers to disqualify you as mentors immediately"

"What? We didn't do anything wrong" Cassia exclaimed as she stood from the stool.

"Should I repeat myself ms. Xander?" Highbottom remarked.

"You said we had to get our tributes to perform, not to stay away" Coriolanus argued.

 "Exactly. Besides nothing bad happened. The people seem to warm up to the tributes." Cassia added. Some students scoffed while others nodded in agreement.

"I'll add insubordination as well."

"Holding her hand, introducing her to people, you make it look as if we're one and the same as those animals." Arachne remarked and Cassia rolled her eyes. The worst part is that many students agreed with that heartless statement.

Livia Cardew was the first to speak. "Exactly, do you realize how bad that makes us look?"

"Coriolanus didn't show those people anything they didn't already know." Sejanus finally spoke up and Cassia silently thanked him for finally having some common sense. Many were times that Cassia felt like she was drowning in this sea of high society and arrogance in her attempt to fit in and succeed. People like Sejanus made her feel like it wasn't all ruined yet.

SKYFALL⸻ TreechOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara