thirty-one. visiting a friend

[ thirty-one

[ thirty-one. visiting a friend ]

THE LOUD CHIRPING of the birds woke the blonde girl up. Thankfully the warm breeze of the summer night didn't let the two teens freeze. She extended her hand to the side expecting to find Treech next to her but all she felt was the hard mattress.

Panic seethed through her at the realization. There was no doubt that yesterday's events were still clouding Treech's senses so the fact that he ran off like that made Cassia jump to her feet and dash outside.

"Treech!" She shrieked as she looked around in panic. "Treech!"

"What?" The boy's confused voice startled her. She snapped her head to the side and was met with the dark-haired boy staring at her, his face wet. "I was just washing my face." He pointed at the lake moving his curls away from his eyes and said a bit embarrassed "I was so swea-" 

Cassia didn't let him finish, lunging at him and embracing him tightly. Forbidding herself from letting go in fear that he would disappear again.

"What?" He chuckled in surprise. "You thought i was gonna go all crazy again?" He joked but Casi could sense his muscles tensing.

"Stop that." She pulled away to look at him disapprovingly.

"Stop what?" He smiled at her playfully, refusing to take the conversation seriously.

"Being so harsh on yourself!" She scolded and his smile turned soft.

He pulled her close to him once again and she buried her head in the crook of his neck, letting his curls tickle her face.

"I'm sorry i scared you yesterday," He said slowly. It was apparent yesterday's events were something the boy wanted to ignore and never speak about again but perhaps the girl's words were finally getting to him.

"You didn't scare me." She started but she hardly believed it herself so she added "Just worried me."

"I'm sorry for that then." He mumbled.

"Stop apologizing" Cassia scolded again and lightly hit his arm. "It's getting annoying to repeat myself."

He chuckled "Sorry for annoying you" He joked earning a playful glare from the girl.

"About yesterday...When stuff like that happens, we need to know what helps you. What helped you yesterday?" Cassia asked cautiously.

Clearly, Treech didn't feel like talking about it but let whatever was happening to him resolve itself. But that didn't seem to be working.