ten. let the games begin

[ ten

[ ten. let the games begin ]

CASSIA CRIED. She doesn't remember how many times, nor does she remember how many times she tried to push away the negative thoughts, but that didn't matter because no matter how hard she tried, they always found their way back.

Please come back to me was the only thought that didn't drive her into a never-ending cycle of Treech getting killed in various ways.

It must've been dawn when she walked to the kitchen. Her mother was already sitting, sipping on her coffee.

"You're awake, dear?" Lucretia tilted her head to the side in surprise.

"Yeah, couldn't sleep," Cassia answered quietly, her throat feeling too dry.

Her mother offered her a sympathetic look and a cup of coffee which the girl gratefully accepted as she sat next to her.

"Mom, what am I supposed to do if he doesn't make it? Just continue my life like nothing happened? I can't. " Cassia said in a whisper, a bitter feeling surpassing her.

"Then make sure he makes it" Lucretia said cupping her daughter's cheeks. "Nothing bad is going to happen, okay? I see how much you care for that boy, it won't go to waste." She encouraged, her eyes as loving as ever before she planted a kiss on Cassia's forehead.

"Thank you, Mom" Cassia wrapped her arms around her mom's figure. She didn't realize how much she needed a hug before she felt her mother's warmth surround her.

After that, the morning continued as it normally would. Cassia took a shower, put on her uniform, and entered the kitchen once again this time her family was seated around the table.

"Cassi!" Amber stood once she noticed her niece "Come sit! You must eat something before you go." She took her hand and led her to sit next to her but Cassia couldn't bear to even look at all the goods on the table.

I must get some for Treech

Her stomach dropped at the thought. It came so suddenly, so effortlessly-

"Can't." Said Cassia and as she walked to the front door, she heard her father's voice.

"Wait." He ran to her side and opened the door for her, an affectionate smile on his face.

"You're coming with me?" Cassia asked confused but walked out regardless.

"Well, it is a big day for you, isn't it?" He chuckled while opening the back door of the car for his daughter. He sat next to her shortly after.

The Chauffeur started driving to the academy. Cassia felt her father take her hand in between his. He always did that when she was anxious and like always, he somehow managed to relax her a bit.